PS2 or 3 install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > PS2 or 3 install

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
skyblade_001

PS2 or 3 install

Hello everyone.

I am hoping to pick up my new 2008 Patriot today.

My wife really wants a rear seat DVD system. Since they cost ~ $700 for a decent system I was thinking about installing a PS2 or PS3 with a flip down monitor. Yes I know this is not typical jeep modifications. I'll talk about the lockers later. But I do need some suggestions if anyone has tried to do this.

Thx

skyblade_001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Haven't done it myself, but I plan on doing something similar with some plugs to my Macbook OR buying a Mac Mini and turning it into a multimedia deal... Well, Macs already have Front Row and a remote, so I should be good. How many watts does the PS 2/3 use? I think the built in AC outlet is only good for charging laptops and such. I would buy another inverter of the proper capacity and wire it properly, fuse it, run it from a switched source, etc. Screens, I am wanting mine to be accessible by the driver too, so I was gonna do 2-3. One in the center stack, might use the useless cubby under the radio, and either one center mounted in the back OR one in/on each headrest. Soundwise, you could probably get away with using a line in deal connected to the back of the radio and use an RCA-3.5mm adapter. OR, if you wish to get really nice, bluetooth headsets???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.