PS2 or 3 install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > PS2 or 3 install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
skyblade_001

PS2 or 3 install

Hello everyone.

I am hoping to pick up my new 2008 Patriot today.

My wife really wants a rear seat DVD system. Since they cost ~ $700 for a decent system I was thinking about installing a PS2 or PS3 with a flip down monitor. Yes I know this is not typical jeep modifications. I'll talk about the lockers later. But I do need some suggestions if anyone has tried to do this.

Thx

skyblade_001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Haven't done it myself, but I plan on doing something similar with some plugs to my Macbook OR buying a Mac Mini and turning it into a multimedia deal... Well, Macs already have Front Row and a remote, so I should be good. How many watts does the PS 2/3 use? I think the built in AC outlet is only good for charging laptops and such. I would buy another inverter of the proper capacity and wire it properly, fuse it, run it from a switched source, etc. Screens, I am wanting mine to be accessible by the driver too, so I was gonna do 2-3. One in the center stack, might use the useless cubby under the radio, and either one center mounted in the back OR one in/on each headrest. Soundwise, you could probably get away with using a line in deal connected to the back of the radio and use an RCA-3.5mm adapter. OR, if you wish to get really nice, bluetooth headsets???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.