Programing lights with remote - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Programing lights with remote

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
patriotowner

Programing lights with remote

I have been playing with the programming capabilities of the patriots remote lock door opener. I didn't like the fact that the horn sounded when I locked the door but did like the headlights coming on and the flashers to flash. I programed the horn to be silent when I lock the car but now the head lights don't come on anymore.

How can I get the lights to stay on without the horn?

I don't have the fancy EVIC option so I have to go the long way around by holding the 'Lock' button, then press.....etc, etc.

Also, is there a way to reduce the 90 secs the lights come on, using the remote that is.

patriotowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

when you lock it with the remote if you hold the lock button down for more than a second or so the headlights will come on, if you just tap the lock button they wont. when unlocking via the remote the headlights always come on.

I dont think there is any way to program how long the lights stay on without EVIC.
Unread 04-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
patriotowner

Tried and held down the button for a couple of seconds, three maybe, and they didn't come on. Having some warranty work on the Patriot soon so I will ask the mech if they know a way.

I suppose I could always hit unlock (cuz the lights come on then) then hit lock.
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

thats odd. what year is your MK?

Ive also disabled the horn chirp (hate chirping vehicles) and my headlights act the same whether the horn sounds or not: hold lock down for a second and headlights go on, just tap it and they dont. drove me nuts as I didnt know about that and couldnt figure out why they sometimes came on and sometimes didnt till I asked here and got the answer.

if yours is an 08 maybe theyve changed the programming. my 07 has a July build date.
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
patriotowner

Char,

Mine is a 2007, not sure of the build date. I even reprogramed the horn to chirp again and now the headlights don't come on like they used to. Somehow I have hit a button wrong and stopped them from coming on when I hit the lock switch (I silenced the horn again though, just don't like that). Hopefully, the Jeep dealer can solve this delimma for me.

All this programming and reprogramming, I don't want to wear out the power lock system.
Unread 04-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Ok, assuming that you guys' patriot works exactly the same as my compass, how did you guys get the horn chirp to stop chirping when you press the lock button on the RKE (remote keyless entry)? The manual says to press the lock button for 4 seconds and then press the panic button and release both buttons. I got the unlock all for doors on first press of the unlock button to work, but sat there for probably 30 minutes trying different things (honking the horn the whole time since I was pressing the unlock button alot). So when my neighbors came out looking like they were going to ax me I decided to come in and regroup.

Ok, so if you guys could help me get rid of the horn chirp then maybe I can help figure out the headlight thing assuming mine won't be working anymore. Thanks in advance.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

[B]07 Compass (wife's ride)[/B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Sold[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-Stock

Last edited by blovingier; 04-26-2008 at 07:01 PM..
blovingier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
patriotowner

blov,

my horn only chirped when I hit the lock button, not the unlock. When the daughter gets back from work I will check the patriot manual and get back to you. I am guessing that the compass might be different though.

Still working to get the headlights to come on when I lock it.
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Yeah, I meant to say (type) "lock button" (fixed ^). It just gets so annoying. It wouldn't be so bad if there were a lock/unlock button on the passenger side too. I've tried to get it to stop honking since we bought the stupid thing. When my wife gets home, I'll try it again. Thanks.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

[B]07 Compass (wife's ride)[/B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Sold[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-Stock
blovingier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #9
luffy

Wish I had good news for you but I also had the same problem last May. (hate chirping cars as well) I ended up taking the Pat back to the dealer and letting them reprogram the computer. The whole process took about 8 minutes. I purchased my Pat in March 2007 and I seem to remember several threads about this subject (non-evic equiped vehicles). Good luck!

Her - 07 SRT-8
"For Play"
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
allber
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blovingier View Post
Ok, assuming that you guys' patriot works exactly the same as my compass, how did you guys get the horn chirp to stop chirping when you press the lock button on the RKE (remote keyless entry)? The manual says to press the lock button for 4 seconds and then press the panic button and release both buttons. I got the unlock all for doors on first press of the unlock button to work, but sat there for probably 30 minutes trying different things (honking the horn the whole time since I was pressing the unlock button alot). So when my neighbors came out looking like they were going to ax me I decided to come in and regroup.

Ok, so if you guys could help me get rid of the horn chirp then maybe I can help figure out the headlight thing assuming mine won't be working anymore. Thanks in advance.
Brand new to JeepFormum.com Just wanted to say THANKS! Hated the beeping horn when using the RKE. I searched the owner's manual and could only find how to disarm this "feature" in EVIC equipped Compass's(no EVIC in my car). Tried your instructions and it worked perfectly.
Lights still flash when locking the doors, but NO HORN!
allber is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.