Problem with lights on window switches - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Problem with lights on window switches

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
adsaue2

Problem with lights on window switches

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the small lights on the window switches on the compass. The drivers window switch lights up but all of the others don't come normally but do flicker when the switch is pushed, showing that the light bulb is there. Went to the dealer and they gave some stupid answer that it was probably something that would work of future models (ie. 08's 09's....) and didn't have any solutions for fixing it. Any info or help would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew

adsaue2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'll take a look when it gets dark. Never thought of checking before, I do them by braile.

Caliber owners had the same questions. Here's the links. The first is the window lights the second is Caliber in general.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...+window+lights

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...searchid=48861
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I checked mine this morning. Drivers switch only. The "flicker": only on releasing from the up position; and when I looked straight down on the switches and the passenger front had a glow to it. I believe it's just reflection from the drivers switch.
Unread 09-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
lynnk

Dodge quit putting the little lamps in all the door/window buttons in about the 2003 season in just about all of their models ... prior to that they had them all lit. Despite a lot of complaints, they still have not put them back in or give you the option of paying a little more for them.
lynnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2006, 05:55 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks lynnk! I guess that settles that.
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #6
brandoncrone
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnk
Dodge quit putting the little lamps in all the door/window buttons in about the 2003 season in just about all of their models ... prior to that they had them all lit. Despite a lot of complaints, they still have not put them back in or give you the option of paying a little more for them.
I think that they are slowly working the little lights back in. Our '05 Town and Country has the driver window switch lit up again. Hopefully they are planning on expanding more on that.
brandoncrone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
blake0

The AUTO function on the driver window is just for opening it right or it works for closing it too?. The manual only talks about opening and I have never got it to close automatically.
blake0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake0
The AUTO function on the driver window is just for opening it right or it works for closing it too?. The manual only talks about opening and I have never got it to close automatically.
Opening only, unfortunately. Wifes GC the same way. I believe they are not auto closing as a safety feature for the little ones.
Unread 11-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
Swanny

My last vehicle (a 2001 F-150) had lit switches for all the windows, door locks, and the cruise on the steering wheel. It also had a power seat, auto-headlamps, etc... hmmm... the Compass was almost a step down ;-)

http://www.MyJeepCompass.com
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

patriot owners. do the lil window light things light up for you?

kinda hard to explain this one, but there is a light on the window switches (all of them) but when I turn the lights on, only the driver one lights up. none of the others light up (even the ones on the pass and back door)

is this normal? only the driver one lights up? what are the other ones for?
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #11
wipatriot

Illuminated Window/Lock Switches

I'm having a problem with not being able to tell where my switches are on the door at night. The only switch with illumination is the drivers window. The other window switches look the same as if they should illuminate. The switches on the other doors aren't illuminated either. Is anyone else having this issue? I've never had a vehicle with power options, not have the switches illuminate when the headlights are on.
wipatriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
rvannote

power window button lights on Compass

Do the power window buttons on a Jeep Compass light up when the lights are on? The driver's window is always lit, but none of the others are, including the window controls on the other doors. Every button has a indicator on them, but no light. The power lock buttons and the mirror control also lack lights. Do these buttons really not have lights? I would assume they should, but...
rvannote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #13
flipperCompass
2008 MK Compass 

Only the driver's front window switch have the indicator light... My 2008 is like that also. I agree all button should have some light, but I guess Chrysler engineers didn't think the same way.
North Edition 4x4 5spd
Bright Silver PS2
flipperCompass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

my 07 only has a light on the drivers - guess the assumption is if you can find the drivers button you should know where the other ones are :P

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I found this over in the Caliber Forum. It may give some of you an idea what to do. I was gonna try it last summer but life got in the way.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4600

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.