power wire for subs? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > power wire for subs?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #16
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

If I dont like the results this way I'll give in and change the deck too. In which case you can then bypass the factory ones

FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #17
PredatorNC
2010 JK Wrangler 

No matter what the "stock" system is...Boston, Infinity, etc that comes with some vehicles, I have always changed out the head unit when installing subs and it has always made the "stock" speaker 10X better. Just MHO, but if your going through all the trouble to wire up 1/2 a system, might as well go from the top down. Not to mention many of the "stock" head units don't have a very good, if any, separate sub controls. But it has been a couple of years since I bought a new car...

If in doubt...HIT THE GAS!! It may not always be the right decision, but it will end the suspense!

The build so far....[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-predator-1342553/[/url]
PredatorNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I always have too....but it's increasingly difficult these days the way stock head units are tied into the rest of the cars computers. I want a good system with the look and function of factory. Plus the stock amp is 28x8. An aftermarket head unit will only be about 20x4, so installing one would actually rob power from the system without installing another 4 channel amp.

Also, the amp I bought has a remote sub volume knob. No adjustment on deck needed.
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I also understand an aftermarket deck won't work with the factory satellite system. So to add a deck you need....deck, steering wheel control module, CANbus module, and Satellite receiver/antenna.

Too expensive.
Unread 12-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
olbear32

Most new amps come with a gain adjuster knob which u can hook up someplace up front in your car and adjust the sub volume. I will be converting to an aftermarket screen after my satalite radio expires but in the mean time, stock deck is fine.
olbear32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.