Power and Other After Market Mods - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Power and Other After Market Mods

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
BgRdDB

Power and Other After Market Mods

I am buying a patriot this weekend and im planning to have some fun offroad. I have heard concerns on power (and seen a few tips like changing to a different air filter). Does anyone know any mods that help performance offroad, like a different intake?

i have read up on the BS performance chips... im wondering if there are any decent priced after-market mods that make a substanial difference. I found intakes up to a 2010 model but none for '11 or '12... thoughts?

BgRdDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I think it has sufficient power. The CVT is the weakest link. Seems to me adding power wouldn't do a darn thing but make it rev higher and still not go anywhere fast.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
BgRdDB

Thanks for the reply, i was not looking for speed... i read someones post that said up a hill he slowed down or maintained up a hill, he changed the filter and was able to accelerate up the hill.
BgRdDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
General_Jeep
1994 ZJ 

Yeah that was me. But I have a 5 speed manual so 4th gear is just right now =) I'm very happy with it. Still isn't my ZJ with a a 5.2L v8 5 speed but it's a improvement. Just do the two basic bolt on mods, a Cat back exhaust system and a CAI from K&N or other brands.
2005 Nissan Titan - Hauler

"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!" - Enzo Ferrari
General_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.