Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Power Locks Work Intermittently

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  RW33 
#1 ·
Wife is driving a 2008 Patriot as a company car and waiting for 2010. The driver door locks & unlocks with the fob, but the others including the liftgate only work occasionally. PITA when I try to jam hockey equipment in the back passenger door. When I use the key to unlock it only unlocks the drivers door. Our other vehicle unlocks all doors if you hold it for 2-3 seconds. Is there a way to manually unlock/open the liftgate when the fob doesn't unlock it. I can hear it making a "wurring" sounds like it's trying, but I don't hear the "thunk" when they actually unlock. Wondering if anybody has experienced this?

#3 ·
When it does work all unlock at the same time. When it doesn't (regardless of how many times I push it) only the drivers door unlocks. Something's pooched. It's a fleetvehilce, but they aren't doing any work on it as a new one was destined to arrive last week. Hopefully the issue it won't re-appear in that one.

#5 ·
Very annoying...and this morning I get the "rear right turn signal is out" message and of course can't open the liftgate to get at the light cover. At least you don't need an engineering degree to open the fob like my GM vehicle.

#6 ·
Sounds like the battery to me also. Mine does that on occasion. Not to sound sarcastic, but you could just use the fob on the driver door then use the door switch:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Tried that too. Door switch doesn't unlock the other doors either. Luckily it worked when I got home last night and was able to change the taillight. Those plastic anchor things are odd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.