Possibly trading 2012 Liberty for Patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Possibly trading 2012 Liberty for Patriot

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Possibly trading 2012 Liberty for Patriot

Me and my wife are looking to trade in this nightmare of a jeep liberty for a patriot.

Anything to know or be concerned of!? They look pretty cool. We want 4wd etc, how much should we expect to pay out the door!?

Unread 04-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
articbutcher
2012 KK Liberty 

as someone who did the exact opposite as you (patriot to liberty), I would advise you not to. The riot was nice and all, but seeing as i had the FDII model, my mileage wasn't that great (20ish mixed), the trans was goofy, and there no barely any aftermarket for it.

Your having problems with your liberty as I have been reading, but it sounds more along the lines of dealership problems then actual turck problems. take it to another dealer and see what happens
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

Hmmm.....

I think we may have to really test drive before making decision. We don't plan on modifying the jeep at all. Just leaving it stock and driving the wheels off. We liked that it would be getting closer to 20mpg in town as appose to 15mpg town driving.

I see rocky road outfitters has a 2 3/8" lift? That would be ample to add a slightly more aggressive stance/tire combo but the wife probably wouldnt be concerned with that.
Unread 04-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
pitrcer3
2011 MK Patriot 

I personally love my Patriot as I have had my 2011 since August 2011 and have 25,000 miles on it. I drive tons of miles each week for work and generally go a lot on the highway, thus the high miles. I have easily 27.5 - 29 on the highway cruising 65mph here in PA. I definitely have weeks when I am driving more around town and I can plan on getting 23-25 around town no problem. I have the Patriot Sport 4wd FDI. I did look into the FDII model and it is very nice but knowing I'd be doing lots of highway it wasnt worth it to me to sacrifice any mileage. I will admit for sure that the tranny is something new to get used to and I still find myself getting used to it in different situations but overall a nice car. I bought it brand new from Ladd Hanford in Lebanon, PA and I think it was around $21,500 ish.
pitrcer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I have a 99 Cherokee that gets about 21 mpg on the highway and our Patriot FD1 with 5 speed manual that frequently gets 30 mpg on the highway. We have 90k miles on our Patriot and the only issue is we got Moog greasable ball joints. The Patriot is awesome on icy roads and in snow. I do not have a lift kit because I think it adds extra stress to the CV joints and the 2011 and 2012 models are all 1 inch more ground clearance than ours.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeep39 View Post
We want 4wd etc, how much should we expect to pay out the door!?
Out the door is hard to say - don't know what NM's sales tax, licenses, etc. are.

You can go to Jeep.com and build one to get the MSRP. Then shop around.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.