Possibly buying a compass tomorrow. Help?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Possibly buying a compass tomorrow. Help?!

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
meldog

Possibly buying a compass tomorrow. Help?!

Its a 2007 4WD compass sport. What should I look for when test driving it and what questions should I ask the dealer? I've read so many mixed reviews on the compasses but like the idea of a smaller jeep.

meldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
canoeman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I owned an 07 2wd compass and got rid of it. Did not have any mechanical problems, just not for me. If I had it to do again I would have picked up a sound XJ.....but each to their own!
canoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
patriot2009bk
2009 MK Patriot 

They are pretty nice. The patriot has more cargo space though
patriot2009bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
MrM
2012 MK Patriot 

+1 for the Patriot... It's very nice.

But to answer your question, how many miles are on it? How well was it maintained? Any accidents? Any major mechanical defects in the past? Etc
MrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
meldog

I'm going to test drive it tomorrow. 50k miles, one small frontal accident in 07, I'm kind of worried about that. And I think it was maintained well, 2 owners, I spoke to the last one who said he had no problems and had no idea it was ever wrecked. I like the patriots a lot and would be willing to get one, just haven't come across many and like the gas mileage of the compass.
meldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
MrM
2012 MK Patriot 

I'd try and have the dealer dig up what was repaired if that record was available. If it's what you're in to then make an offer, but I'd factor the accident into my offer. Accidents affect resale value, so don't forget that.
MrM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.