POLBOSS is back... deciding between a Patriot or Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > POLBOSS is back... deciding between a Patriot or Compass

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

POLBOSS is back... deciding between a Patriot or Compass

So... back in 2008... after getting married and selling my Jeep Wrangler to buy a new small family car (VW Rabbit)...
Now that said family car is paid off... I would like to trade it in for some kind of new small SUV...

I would loooove to get a Jeep Wrangler... but.. my two little daughters get allergies for anything and everything, so no top off..

after researching all car manufacturers... I believe a 2014 Patriot would be the best option for my family... but... Now that I see the 2014 Jeep Compass... I'm somehow deciding between the two...
The Compass is a bit more expensive, but somehow has a sportier look..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

POLBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Basically identical..I chose the compass BC I liked its appearance better!
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I choose the patriot because I liked the looks better and there is a little more room in the back because the roof doesn't slop as much. which makes it easier getting a lot of family stuff in the car (two kids here) the compass has a bit more upscale matrials on the inside, but feature for feature is a little bit more expensive when buying (at least they were when I was looking at the end of this last year)
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I choose the patriot because I liked the looks better and there is a little more room in the back because the roof doesn't slop as much. which makes it easier getting a lot of family stuff in the car (two kids here) the compass has a bit more upscale matrials on the inside, but feature for feature is a little bit more expensive when buying (at least they were when I was looking at the end of this last year)
bolt for bolt, part for part, they are the identical car on the interior. same materials, parts, everything.

OP, it boils down to which one you like better, that's all. a compass comparably equipped will be a few hundred dollars more than a patriot, nothing more. just pick which styling you like and roll from there.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I thought for 2014, the compass got a slight upgrade on interior, I guess I am wrong?
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Lehman26
2012 MK Compass 

Yea the 14 did get some minor changes inside and out
Lehman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
chaos_efphect
2014 MK Compass 

Personally I just bought a 2014 compass and love the styling over the patriot. I know with the 2014 compass's (not sure about patriots) but they have the 6 speed tranny vs the CVT tranny which was a big selling point for me.

Last edited by chaos_efphect; 05-12-2013 at 10:45 AM..
chaos_efphect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

^ Same with the Patriot. The '14 Patriot only has the CVT on the FDII model. Every other model has the 6 speed Hyundai transmission.

I'll admin the Compass has come a long way in the looks department. The original Compass looked hideous.. The '14 Compass looks pretty good especially with the smoked tail lights.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My Patriot comes with 205 70 R16 tires can I... ?

Just got my 2014 Patriot
Was thinking of going straight to Discount Tire and get some all terrain tires but... there are no 205 70 R16 all terrain tires, but... plenty of 215 70 R16 all terrain tires... Which I understand are about .25 inch wider and about .20 inch taller, anybody running 215?
Or any all terrain tires that you recommend?
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I love my falken rocky mountains. as long as you stay under a 28.5x9 tire you should have no rubbing.

Tire conversion:
http://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangl...alculator.html

so you could go to a 225/70-16 without issue, so you could get yokohama geolanders or bfg AT TKO's which would be awesome.
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
POLBOSS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I love my falken rocky mountains. as long as you stay under a 28.5x9 tire you should have no rubbing.

Tire conversion:
http://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangl...alculator.html

so you could go to a 225/70-16 without issue, so you could get yokohama geolanders or bfg AT TKO's which would be awesome.
Thanks so much for the info I'm leaning towards the Geolanders, but also the General Gabber AT2 get good reviews

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.