Please don't soap my Compass - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Please don't soap my Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #31
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

And more

Here's the overhead, shifter and climate contros, too

e2press.jpg   e6shift.jpg   e7controls.jpg   e8dome.jpg   eignon.jpg  

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #32
phil8400

Do we have heated side mirrors? I don't see it in the specs but I seem to recall seeing the etching in the driver's side mirror of the Limited I test drove.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #33
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
Here's the overhead, shifter and climate contros, too
Nice job. Mine definately doesn't have any of the digital stuff under the speedometer. In fact, I think that space is completely blanked out. I wish they would have at least put something there.

What is that Air bag bypass button??
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
Nice job. Mine definitely doesn't have any of the digital stuff under the speedometer. In fact, I think that space is completely blanked out. I wish they would have at least put something there.

What is that Air bag bypass button??
It's for turning off the passenger seat air bag if you've got a car full of little people and can't fit them all in the back or you put something else on the seat and don't want that air bag to open. It's also a check light to make sure it's working. It comes on for 15 second when you start up and then turns off.

No heated mirrors on mine.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #35
Melanie

Thanks, Gramps. Love that last picture - looks like a little airplane cockpit! Can you set any of those screens in the display as the regular display (i.e., always showing tire pressure or the electronic compass)?
2007 Compass North[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #36
phil8400

Hey Gramps,
can you confirm this?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/problem-lights-window-switches-320866/
Unread 10-20-2006, 03:57 AM   #37
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Thanks, Gramps. Love that last picture - looks like a little airplane cockpit! Can you set any of those screens in the display as the regular display (i.e., always showing tire pressure or the electronic compass)?
Sure Mel,
When you quit pushing the button the display just stays there as your standard screen and whatever screen you were using when you shut your car off will be the one that's there when you start back up. I usually have the AVG MPG up but on the trip to AZ we had the Direction and Temperature screen on and I've monitored tire pressure just to watch how much they change with road heat (yea, I'm easy to entertain )

gramps
Unread 10-20-2006, 04:01 AM   #38
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Yup, did that in the same thread. Only the Drivers Window Switch lights up. The others will catch an internal reflection at times and seem to flicker but there are no bulbs in them.
Unread 10-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #39
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
It's for turning off the passenger seat air bag if you've got a car full of little people and can't fit them all in the back or you put something else on the seat and don't want that air bag to open. It's also a check light to make sure it's working. It comes on for 15 second when you start up and then turns off.

No heated mirrors on mine.

Is that standard?
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 07:44 AM   #40
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes, standard on the air bag. Actually it turns off automatically if the weight in the set is below a certain standard. It's not a manual on/off.
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #41
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Yes, standard on the air bag. Actually it turns off automatically if the weight in the set is below a certain standard. It's not a manual on/off.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I gotcha, not an off button, but a weight sensor.

I'm not sure if I could bring myself to trust it, but I like the thought of it.

I must have missed that when researching it, or I glossed over it (cause I'm not sure I'd trust it).
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #42
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Just checked the manual again. For small objects, groceries, purses, etc, it does not light up but will not deploy because of the weight. For people smaller than a full sized adult (not defined) it will light up to tell you that it's off. I actually had what I thought was a malfunction shortly after I got it, the check light went off and then came back on after sensing a weight of some kind in the seat. After getting home and checking into it, I sat down in the seat, gave it a good butt bounce and all was fine. I figure, the night before I had knelt in the seat with my knee to reach across and hit the door lock button on the drivers side and the seat took a "set" until I reset it with me, a full sized adult. So it "appears" to work. Maybe I'll see how it reacts with the grand kids.
Unread 10-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #43
phil8400

I got my Compass today. I really like it. I had test driven it, but was further surprised at how this small 4 banger performs. It's not "fast" compared to my Tiburon, but it has plenty of torque and top end to pass transports with ease (on the 417 here in Ottawa).

I was a bit sad to let my Tib go, but it was time. That car was very unsafe in the winter - no ABS, no ESP, sitting so low to the ground... Summers were another story Oh well, no looking back. I hope this Jeep gives me 4 good years!
Unread 10-26-2006, 07:09 PM   #44
PolloLoco
need more lemon pledge

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
FMy choices: RAV4, CRV, Jeep Compass, Saturn Outlook and Chevy Equinox. Well, I know I would never again buy a GM, so that leaves the Equinox out. The Saturn just doesn’t do it for me.
Dude, the Saturn is a GM too:
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...n-outlook.html
Nor is it a small SUV, it's a full-size.

Maybe you were thinking of the Saturn VUE? It's the same vehicle underneath as the Equinox.
Unread 10-26-2006, 07:36 PM   #45
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloLoco83
Dude, the Saturn is a GM too:
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...n-outlook.html
Nor is it a small SUV, it's a full-size.

Maybe you were thinking of the Saturn VUE? It's the same vehicle underneath as the Equinox.
You're right. I was thinking of the VUE.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.