Please don't soap my Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Please don't soap my Compass

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #16
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
Aren't those features located in the HUD near the sunroof controls on the ceiling liner?
Nope, that's just Sunroof and Garage door controls up there. I should have called it the EVIC and not the Drivers Convenience group which contains the EVIC and other things.

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #17
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
Nope, that's just Sunroof and Garage door controls up there. I should have called it the EVIC and not the Drivers Convenience group which contains the EVIC and other things.
I see. Any idea where they got his pic from (jeep site)
http://www.jeep.ca/en/compass/img/comp_int14_lg.jpg
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #18
Melanie

Quote:
What color are you getting? I went for the black because it was the only one we could find. It's not a buyers market right now that's for sure.

Ever make your way up to Ottawa?
I went with the Jeep Green, though I hadn't seen it in person when I chose it! I had a few moments of panic when I checked the colours for the 2007 Jeep Unlimited and found out that yellowy-green colour is also called Jeep Green! Every dealer around here seemed to have the khaki (mostly Limiteds) in stock.

I haven't been up to Ottawa in a few years, but have passed through on occasion. More recently, it's just been a matter of the price of gas! I may be taking more road trips if I can manage the same mileage that Gramps has been reporting! You ever come down this way?

Mel
2007 Compass North[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Phil and Mel,

Think I'll leave you two alone.

So Mel,

Jeep Green is nice, my wife liked the Khaki. I guess that's why they have different color rattle cans. I wanted Hemi Orange but they don't have it.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-19-2006 at 11:36 AM..
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #20
Melanie

Yep, I've got that forest green colour. When I ordered the car at the beginning of September, I was only able to see the red and khaki. Figured I'd take a chance on the green, and my local dealership has since received (and sold) a green one. Looks good!

Mel
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:38 AM   #21
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
I see. Any idea where they got his pic from (jeep site)
http://www.jeep.ca/en/compass/img/comp_int14_lg.jpg

Probably a generic photo of that feature on a different model (think Libby or GC).
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #22
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The older GC (96) is below in the console. Don't know if Daughter's Libby has that or not.

Last edited by Gramps; 10-19-2006 at 12:55 PM..
Unread 10-19-2006, 12:19 PM   #23
phil8400

Quote:
Phil and Mel,

Think I'll leave you two alone.

So Mel,

Jeep Green is nice, my wife liked the Khaki. I guess that's why they have different color rattle cans. I wanted Hemi Orange but they don't have it.
depends if she's single. Ask her for me? LOL!
Unread 10-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
depends if she's single. Ask her for me? LOL!
That's what pm's are for.
Unread 10-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #25
phil8400

Delivery has been postponed until Monday. They just got the Jeep on the lot this afternoon. They're busy and with the PDI, cleaning, getting the plates etc, they won't make it for Friday.
Unread 10-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #26
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Delivery has been postponed until Monday. They just got the Jeep on the lot this afternoon. They're busy and with the PDI, cleaning, getting the plates etc, they won't make it for Friday.
The bright side: She's there, you can maybe go down and look at her and she'll look like she's made up for the prom when delivered. Some ladies are worth the wait.
Unread 10-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #27
phil8400

Quote:
The bright side: She's there, you can maybe go down and look at her and she'll look like she's made up for the prom when delivered. Some ladies are worth the wait.
Indeed. I'm going to test drive it tonight in case I find anything weird...and before I sign.
Unread 10-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #28
Melanie

Phil, count yourself lucky. I just visited the dealership, and they still have no idea when my Compass will arrive. The sales manager told me that one gentleman is still waiting for the Caliber he ordered in May!

On the bright side, I figure that my Cherokee will be a classic by the time the Compass arrives, and the trade-in value will soar!

Mel
Unread 10-19-2006, 01:45 PM   #29
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie
Phil, count yourself lucky. I just visited the dealership, and they still have no idea when my Compass will arrive. The sales manager told me that one gentleman is still waiting for the Caliber he ordered in May!

On the bright side, I figure that my Cherokee will be a classic by the time the Compass arrives, and the trade-in value will soar!

Mel

LOL YOU GO GIRL!!
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #30
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Instument Shots EVIC

Here's those pictures. I had to do these in two postings. I'm not real impressed with how the show up here after shrinking them down to fit. You may want to save them and enlarge them on you computers at home. The "Personal Settings" (next to last) has several different screens all on its own for beeping the horn when lock/unlock, time delay on head lights entry and exit, door lock controls, compass setting and Language (just in case you Canucks want to practice your French or for those of us in the US want to practice our Spanish).
e1alow.jpg   e1avg.jpg   e3elasp.jpg   e4ps.jpg   e5temp.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 10-19-2006 at 08:38 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.