Pics of a lowered jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Pics of a lowered jeep!

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

Pics of a lowered jeep!

Well, I did the opposite of what pretty much all jeep owners do..lol I bought H&R lowering springs from www.tirerack.com. Got them the other day and installed them that day...so heres some pics for some of those who are interested in maybe lowering but wanted to see pics etc.

before:

after:

also in time i'm going to be getting 19s or 20s...also with the Rallye lip kit (in canada so don't have a choice for that option )

patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
madrabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick3319 View Post
Well, I did the opposite of what pretty much all jeep owners do..lol I bought H&R lowering springs from www.tirerack.com. Got them the other day and installed them that day...so heres some pics for some of those who are interested in maybe lowering but wanted to see pics etc.

before:

after:

also in time i'm going to be getting 19s or 20s...also with the Rallye lip kit (in canada so don't have a choice for that option )
hows the handling with the lowering springs?
any improvements over stock?

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

thanks for posting the pics for me

as for testing them out, haven't got to yet as its been raining here everyday since I put them on (including the day I put them on)...supposed to be a bit nicer tomorrow. But I do know it rides a bit stiffer, and feels a lot nicer when i've played around a little bit,
Unread 05-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
madrabbitt

If i had a compass, a lowered awd rally car would be the direction i'd go.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Hmmmm.....

I too am curious about the handling...
Unread 05-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #6
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

well tomorrow is supposed to be nicer (sunday) and i'm heading to a track too (2nd time) so we'll see if I can feel a diff off launching...and i'll play around and what not...see if I can find out. but like i stated before, you can feel it is a bit stiffer...but it feels much more stable!
Unread 05-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

alright. well since it was a nice day (ended up hitting the track up too!).... it handles so nice! it is definately more solid when making tighter manouvers and stuff....

As for the track..I must say I was REALLY impressed with how my day went...with my last results being 17.118 as my best time...I now have gotten 16.639 (stock)...
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

To fight temptation is hard. I bought the Jeep with the mentality that it has a lot of ground clearance, 4x4, and we get a lot of snow during winters.

But man, does that look nice. I owned a lowered car with a 2 inch drop and it was like a go-kart.

I thought the Rallye was available in Canada. My brochure for the Compass mentions it, and it is Canadian.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

since the Rallye has been called just a 'Street Jeep' like the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee - I too have thought about lowering it (I came from the Neon club and had my Neon lowered 1.5" and she hugged the road like crazy) just because I don't forsee myself doing any offroading in it anyway.

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #10
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent33 View Post
since the Rallye has been called just a 'Street Jeep' like the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee - I too have thought about lowering it (I came from the Neon club and had my Neon lowered 1.5" and she hugged the road like crazy) just because I don't forsee myself doing any offroading in it anyway.
I came from a neon as well. I think it probably lowered closer to probably 1.8 it was a sweet and I loved it which is why I kind of why I didn't mind to take some thoughs of lowering this.

As for someone saying the rallye being in canada...i've not seen one...and when I talked to the dealership they said it would have to come up from the states...as we have 3 models up(sport, north, limited) here already and they have 3 models down there (sport, limited, rallye)
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:15 PM   #11
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have had the Eibach springs on now for almost a month and they have settled down perfectly. Yours will do the same. Heres some pics:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/104_2352.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...a/104_2353.jpg
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloggia View Post
I have had the Eibach springs on now for almost a month and they have settled down perfectly. Yours will do the same. Heres some pics:

click free, use the IMG tag for the pics to show up
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.