Picked ours up last Wednesday (Patriot) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Picked ours up last Wednesday (Patriot)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Picked ours up last Wednesday (Patriot)

Here's pics

Before the pressure washing (we live on a dirt road can you tell)

After, no soap today what's the point.

Engine what little you can see, LOL

and two dash pics, we've only put 200 miles on it already filled up at half a tank for 22.5 MPG

There's a few more from different angles in my Photobucket Album

Unread 04-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
sracer

Congratulations! Steel blue, Sport 4x4 w/CVT? Sweet!

You're gonna love the CVT.
[/url][/SIZE]
sracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
groovyone
1998 XJ Cl***ic

So I noticed 2 Cherokee's in your signature. How's the Patriot compare?
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovyone
So I noticed 2 Cherokee's in your signature. How's the Patriot compare?
I'm glad you mentioned that I forgot to change it, LOL. As for comparison the Patriot is definitely roomier passenger wise (ie my 6'3" father in law was comfortable riding in the back seat), with pretty much the same cargo area, quieter, way softer ride. The only thing I've noticed is the 2.4/CVT doesn't have the same off the line punch as the 4.0/AW4 combo, but that's to be expected.
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
groovyone
1998 XJ Cl***ic

Good to know. I hadn't seen one in person yet to compare to my 98 XJ.
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #6
wwthomp

Nice! So, I'm looking at the shift lever....I gather this is CVT with FDII (the "L")?
Is that right or wrong?
walt
wwthomp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
luckyjeeper

I like it! I wonder why they don't offer a 6 cyl. in it tho. I just bought a JK but have always loved the XJ look. Thinking about getting another jeep for daily commute. the gas mileage would be great in this one! I never really minded the 2.5L in my TJ. I'm not a speed demon anymore and take my time getting places. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, If I got one, i'd still probably like to put some Nitto Grapplers on it, what is the largest tire size and do you think someone will be offering a 2" BB for this model?

Thanks!
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2007, 06:56 AM   #8
Rictus58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwthomp
Nice! So, I'm looking at the shift lever....I gather this is CVT with FDII (the "L")?
Is that right or wrong?
walt
It's not FDII.
No Trail Rated badge. Also, I think next to the "L" on the FDII, it says "Low Range" or something similar.
Rictus58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjeeper
I like it! I wonder why they don't offer a 6 cyl. in it tho. I just bought a JK but have always loved the XJ look. Thinking about getting another jeep for daily commute. the gas mileage would be great in this one! I never really minded the 2.5L in my TJ. I'm not a speed demon anymore and take my time getting places. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, If I got one, i'd still probably like to put some Nitto Grapplers on it, what is the largest tire size and do you think someone will be offering a 2" BB for this model?

Thanks!
I wondered about the 6cyl until I drove it, the 2.4 has plenty of kick with the CVT, I have to be careful though because without the shift points it feels like you're going slow and then you look down and you're doing 80

Tire size is pretty much as big as will fit there isn't a whole lot of room in the wheel wells you might be able to squeeze a 75 series in there but I think it would rub. For the lift, I read someplace that they thought some longer struts could get it up about 2" for a stock non FDII and about 1" for a FDII, without putting the cv axles at bad angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictus58
It's not FDII.
No Trail Rated badge. Also, I think next to the "L" on the FDII, it says "Low Range" or something similar.
Correct not FDII

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.