Patroit MPG please - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patroit MPG please

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #31
dadag

Hi all,

our patriot makes about 25 mpg with a mix of city and highway. Living in Denver, the higher altitude might bring the mpg down...wish there was a turbo version.

Unread 06-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #32
usswasp
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadag View Post
Hi all,

our patriot makes about 25 mpg with a mix of city and highway. Living in Denver, the higher altitude might bring the mpg down...wish there was a turbo version.
You could always strap a blower on it ... probably not something you really want to do ... but it might look cool. Then you would have to some how change the computer to handle the variable value timing and all that fancy electronic stuff.

I like the older engines for boosting power. A racing rebuild kit, a blower or supercharger, and then some high octane fuel would make a lot of power ... now its computer programmers and hackers. I guess I'm getting too old. You can't even turn up a diesel engine anymore without a computer. On my dad's old 4 and 6 cylinder tractors all you needed was a service manual, a screw driver and some guts.

08 Jeep Patriot, FD I CVT2 2.4L

02 KJ Sport traded ... I miss the ole' girl, except when I stop at the gas station
usswasp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM   #33
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadag View Post
Hi all,

There is a turbo version, just not for the Patriot. 285 HP and 260 lbs torque.

Wish they had it in the Patriot.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 12:24 PM   #34
reddart
2008 MK Patriot 

5sp 4x4 , average 27mpg mixed city/highway driving (low of 25mpg), got 30.8mpg on a mostly highway trip the other day.
reddart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #35
snowmonster
2008 MK Patriot 

25 mpg highway on a 4x4 Patriot with 5-speed manual. I probably could get better mileage if I didn't drive at 80 mph with 4 skis strapped to the roof. I'm keeping the lead foot of the gas nowadays and I probably will get better mileage in the summer.
snowmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #36
the mad hatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2007 Patriot Ltd, 4x4, CVT

Just did a weekend trip to LA from Sacramento...400 miles each way. Going on flat freeway we got about 26-27, going over the grapevine (lots of hills) got about 23-24.

Not bad for a brand new vehicle, everything still stock. After the trip we have about 1200 total miles on the patriot.
the mad hatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #37
handyman98
2008 MK Patriot 

Just got my new '08 Patriot this past weekend and I have the CVT tranny and averaged a little over 23 for mostly city driving.
handyman98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #38
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got 31 with my 5 speed on a recent highway trip by keeping it at 60 using the cruise control.

...with the A/C on full blast......

Last edited by JeepinGirlCT; 07-01-2008 at 06:24 PM..
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #39
AussiePat

I was getting about 39-40mpg up to last week in the CRD. But I've changed the Pat in the last week with the RRO lift and some Cooper ATR's so it might change. I hope it doesn't change it much but what can you do.
AussiePat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM   #40
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is the CRD a diesel version? That's great milage. What is diesel cost down where you are?
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #41
AussiePat

Hi there,

Yes it is the diesel version.
It is a 2.0L VW sourced engine with a 6sp manual.
Diesel cost here is approx US$6/gallon.
Unread 07-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #42
2008 MK Patriot 

I have a 2008 2.0l diesel 6 speed stick shift Patriot Ltd and am averaging just over 40mpg.
452 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:27 PM   #43
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 452 View Post
I have a 2008 2.0l diesel 6 speed stick shift Patriot Ltd and am averaging just over 40mpg.
wow. sweet

2.4 CVT2 4x4 here, worst we got was 22 cruising around tourist traps on vacation at 20 MPH with tons of stop and go. 25 average around town here (mostly back roads), 28 combo town/highway, 32 was the best (almost all highway).

all these figures are with the AC on 90% of the time.
Unread 07-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #44
izzoe46
2008 MK Patriot 

only 16 mpg??

hi all, new to this site.

well I just bought an 08' patriot a month ago. I have filled the tank 4 times already at $50. a pop. I do the math and all I get is 16 mpg's. Is there something wrong with my pat? I only get around 220 miles per tank 220/13.5=16.???

Part of the reason I bought it was for the 25 mpg. What am I doing wrong? anyy info appreciated thanks.
izzoe46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #45
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I see that you have the 4X2 version. Which transmission CVT or 5 speed? You should be getting more than that. Are you running the A/C alot, stop and go traffic? Is it taking a full 13.5 gal or are you filling up when the low gas light goes off? That's at about 11.5 gal which would be 19.1 mpg, better but not quite where it should be.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.