Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

patriot tow hooks

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
Hey,
Been looking for some oem patriot tow hooks just can't pay over 300 from mopar... if anyone has any for sale w/ or w/o hardware please let me know very interested and motivated.

thanks,

#4 ·
Part# 82212577 this is for a KIT - 2 pcs
http://www.partswebsite.com/pollardmopar/index.php?type=parts&start=1&home=1
copy and paste part number into pn search on the right...
had parts on my door step in less than a week.

don't believe it will matter... but what year are you looking for?
I have an 11, but if memory serves me correctly, they part number did not change from year to year.

the part number above is what I ordered, but this does not include the lower fascia on the 2011.
on previous years, I have seen the bumper cut, and I assume the 11 could have been cut too, but I wanted it to look stock and not butchered up.

let me know what if any info you need or want...

click pic for more pics of my front hook install

#6 ·
ah i knew you looked familiar from jeep patriot dot com lol I have an 09 sport so i would just have to cut two dollar sized holes in bumper... thanks for the info 158 plus shipping beats 320 anyday!!!!! I'm going to have to wait til payday first though lol... did you have to dril anything I live in the dorms on base and im pretty limited to tools i have and can barrow lol

#9 ·
Drilled nothing on my 2011.. the holes were all there in the frame.

over on the Patriot forum someone did a lay out of the holes.
having that would make life much easier.
pretty sure you'll only need basic tools for this one.. don't recall needing anything special.

Good Luck

#13 ·
I'm not sure where to buy it but they make 'U' shaped channel out of plastic and kind of a woven looking material, in different colors and clear, that would work well to cover the edges. Upholstery shop maybe?

#15 ·
Hmm... thanks for the info I'll have to look, none the other guys put any trim and if it's too pricey... I'll just live with the holes lol. thanks for the info Bob I was amazed to see a kit so economically priced they sell the individual left and right for over 140 a piece on the same website....

#16 ·
It could be added later when you find what you're looking for. I did a Google and the common name is Edge Trim. Here's a sample from the search of what I had in mind. http://www.trimlok.com/regular_trim.aspx This is pretty close to what is supplied with the Trailer Hitch when you have to make the cut out on the rear fascia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.