Patriot Stereo speaker ( panasonic ) recall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot Stereo speaker ( panasonic ) recall

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
BeaterPatriot

Patriot Stereo speaker ( panasonic ) recall

Ironically, last week, I had noticed the rear driver side speaker in my 07 patriot had blown. I haven't had a chance to take it to the dealer to get it fixed

Well, yesterday I recieved a letter stating there was a recall on the Panasonic speakers in the Jeep and that the warranty on them is being extended 5yrs or 60,000 becuase they are failing.

In addition, if I have one that fails, I am supposed to bring my jeep in and they will replace ALL of them.

Has anyone been notified of this as of yet??

If you'd like I can try and scan a copy of the letter on here

BeaterPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
Are you sure it's a recall and not an RRT? there is an RRT on the speakers but not seen a recall or extending the warranty time. Can you post the recall number?
Unread 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

we just received that letter too.

doesnt say its a recall, just states that the speaker warranty is extended to 5 years/60000 miles (high milage speakers? lol). if any speaker distorts/blows withing that period they will replace them all.

also says if you replaced then on your own dime they will reimburse you.

only applies to certain 2007 and early 2008 chysler/dodge/jeeps with stock panasonic 6x9s

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.