Patriot Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot Questions

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 07-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
Thelt
2005 KJ Liberty 

Patriot Questions

I am thinking of buying a Patriot and I was hoping you guys could answer some questions. First off I want a 4 wheel drive with a 5 speed manual. I know they make it but I can not find one anywhere in North Carolina. Second I know the off road package is only offered with the CVT. The only part of the off road package I care about is the increased ground clearance. Is that due to bigger tires or is it more than that?

I hate environmentalists, they keep me from enjoying the environment.
Thelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Taller tires and a very slight change in the spring rate. You can get the optional tires to cover that part of it and it'll give you a 28" tall tire instead of a 27.3". Others have gone with even taller tires, usually just over 29". For an extra 2 1/8" ground clearance most have gone with the RRO lift kit, other kits may become available later.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
karfana
2007 MK Patriot 

Hi. When I was shopping for a Patriot the 1st dealer I went to told me they don't get too many with 5 speed transmissions because most people prefer automatics (he also wanted to sell me a loaded Patriot he had on the lot). So I went to another dealer (my family member had purchased a car from them recently) and they did a search for us and found one.
Also, if you build your own on the Jeep website (they have a 5 speed option), once your finished there is a box at that says "I'm considering this vehicle" and at the bottom there is a drop down box...select "Jeep-search new inventory-find it" and you can fill in your name and personal info for Jeep to locate the vehicle for you. It's worth a shot.
Good luck!
karfana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
sparky81
2008 MK Patriot 

Thelt -- I'm not sure what part of NC you're in, or if you've been able to find your jeep yet, but there's a dealership in Blacksburg, VA that has a lot of jeeps. Duncan Jeep Isuzu. I actually had trouble finding an automatic there -- most of what they had were manuals.
sparky81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.