Patriot Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot Questions

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Line58
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Patriot Questions

Hello Everyone,
I'm a long time resident of the TJ side of these forums, but this is my first post over here. My soon-to-be wife is looking at buying a new Patriot (2.4L Sport with Freedom II package), so I (as the person who's going to have to fix it after the warranty runs out) have a few questions. First, how reliable are the 2.4L engines that come in the 4x4 models? What problems are common? Are they hard to work on (I'm used to working on the old 2.5L)? Is it easy to find replacement parts and aftermarket upgrades for this vehicle? Thank you for your assistance, sorry for the newb questions.

Line58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I had these same questions when I looked a buying mine. My solution to the unknown was to spend $3,000 extra on the Chrysler Maximum Care + Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty so I never have to worry about it.

The tie rod ends and lower control arm bushings alone should make $1200 of that back by 35,000 miles, perhaps $1200 more at 70k and the warranty would pay for itself at 105k....judging by other posts on here.

If you didn't know the warranty existed...now you know :-) (my salesman never offered me one)
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Line58
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
I had these same questions when I looked a buying mine. My solution to the unknown was to spend $3,000 extra on the Chrysler Maximum Care + Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty so I never have to worry about it.

The tie rod ends and lower control arm bushings alone should make $1200 of that back by 35,000 miles, perhaps $1200 more at 70k and the warranty would pay for itself at 105k....judging by other posts on here.

If you didn't know the warranty existed...now you know :-) (my salesman never offered me one)
Good to know! Is it a true warranty or do you have to pay a deductible? Which dealership did you deal with (I've hear bad things about the one on Blackstone).
Line58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh wow I didn't even notice you were from Fresno! I bought mine from Fresno Jeep Dodge on Blackstone but yes I highly advise against it. They got lucky in that they had nearly the exact Patriot I wanted in stock...and they had a quota to meet so they made me a good offer on my trade in at the end of the month, but leading up to that point they did not give me a good vibe.

I recommend Jim Manning Dodge in Dinuba south of Fresno. I was really wanting to buy it from them but I would have had to order it and I wasnt sure my trade in would make it that long. I've taken it to them for service though and they performed a TSB on it that Fresno Jeep said didn't even exist (a computer software flash update).
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh and the Extended Service plan has a $100 deductible. You only pay that after factory warranty is up.
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
JeepCares

Chrysler Group Service Contracts offers both a Lifetime Maximum Care and a Lifetime Added Care Plus plan. You can get either a $100, $50 or zero dollar deductible.
Prices can vary. You can shop around.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.