Patriot purchase in future - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot purchase in future

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
wraithyjeep

Patriot purchase in future

is it right for my situation

I currently have a JK wrangler rubicon unlimited
also a 02 neon R/T

family has grown and now the neon feels to small (for some reason)

we like the patriot over the compass for looks and space.
(my dad has a compass)

we are looking at a 25E package 4x2 2.4L north edition 5 speed with offroad tire group

packaged out like this seems to suit us, does the 4x2 drive well in heavy snow?

buy new or buy used or off lease?
buy former rental?

anything to look out for things that are problematic? in ones with some milage on it?

can i really expect 40mpg highway?

if the one on the dealer lot was inferno red and silver to match my existing fleet I would have bought it.

thanx for the replies
and finally are u happy with the space
(i'm packing me wife 12yr kid and 2 yr kid and a small lap dog)

we sort of fit in the neon lol

89 YJ, 4.2, 5 speed, 2" lift, 235 75 r 15 M/T. CRT's HEI, MC2150 1.08, OBA, 120V inverter. removable Light bar, 10 hella lamps, trail rack w/ jerry cans, champion winch, high lift jack, C.B., lined tub. H4 Conversion headlamps, reveiw mirror w map lights. royal blue with matching trailer.

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/vbgooglemapme.php?lat=44.15185125207628&lng=-77.65274047851562&zoom=8]My location[/URL]
wraithyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can't speak for the 4x2 capability in the snow, or 40mpg expectations, but I can tell you what we've gotten with our 4x4 5 speeds. My husband and I each have one. He commutes 120 miles round trip each day. He's gotten up to 30 mpg on his, if he watches his speed (keeping it under 65 mph). I do mostly around town with occasional highway, and I've gotten between 22-24 solid. You can't beat how they handle in the snow and mess. They just go. No problems whatsoever. Can't say enough about them-we're both very pleased. Best bang for the buck. We have a family of 4, and all of us fit very well. It's a solid vehicle, and I feel safe in it. It handles surprizingly well in the corners.

You won't be disappointed. If you can swing a new one, you get the

lifetime powertrain warrenttee-something you won't get used. It's something worth considering.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.