Patriot owners, are you happy with it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot owners, are you happy with it?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #16
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

This is my first Jeep, so I have nothing to compare it to. I think it's a great little truck though, and the mileage is key. That's really why I got it. Plus, I wanted something to be able to carry some things around in, so it couldn't be too small. So far, it's working great for me. I'm very impressed. I've never owned an import, and I know the fit and finish is supposed to be better there, but from someone who has owned plenty of domestic cars, I can tell you that the quality on this Jeep is very good. Great handling and braking also. And surprising acceleration for the engine.

I do have to say the road noise is one thing I noticed. My previous vehicle was an 06 F150. That truck was VERY quiet inside, even with a very high-flow dual exhaust system and CAI. Luckily I don't drive on the interstate too much, so it's not a major problem. The good thing about that is you can hear more of what's going on around you. It's tempting to drown out the road noise and be in your own little world, but it's a lot safer to hear outside. Plus, that's what driving is all about, right?

acadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #17
Wade
2008 MK Patriot 

Bill, great evaluation and write up!

So there you have it Hammer.... All these folks love their Patriots. Your initial question also asked if we would buy another one. As you saw, one husband and wife do own two. As for myself, I traded our big HEMI gas guzzler for my wife's Compass. She loves it!

So our question is why haven't you gone and got one yet?
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 03:50 AM   #18
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

So our question is why haven't you gone and got one yet?
Seriously-go for it. You won't be disappointed, and if you do it now, Chrysler will give you 3 years of $2.99 gas. I don't know if they're still offering the Lifetime Powertrain warrentee, but seriously, it's a great bang for the buck. Take the plunge and post some pics!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #19
charlimc
2008 MK Patriot 

I have owned mine since Oct 2007. On the highway I am getting 8.4 litres /100kms - which is really good -probably about 27 mpg. It handles well and if you are careful it will take you places that other small SUV's cannot - I have owned a number of 4x4 in my time, starting with a 1966 Wagoneer, then an International Scout, Land Rover, Rav 4, Dakota 4x4. It cannot beat the land Rover or the Scout but is is superior to all the others, When you factor in mileage there is nothing that can compare- except the CRD which we in North America cannot get
charlimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
Tuksonrider
2008 MK Patriot 

I've owned my '08 Patriot 5spd manual for 3 weeks now. I'm still in the "Honeymoon" stage. I've already hand-washed it this morning!

Anyway, I sold my '04 Mazda b2300 Pickup Truck because of an expanding family. I done my research, looked at all the options for vehicles that sat 5 people under $16,000. It came down to three: Scion xD, Kia Sportage, and Jeep Patriot.

What really finally sold me on the Jeep Patriot was the $2500 cash back. That made it cheaper than either of the 2.

It also felt more roomier than the Scion xD, and I liked the styling better than the Kia Sportage. It also had a better MPG than the Kia. I've filled up the tank twice now, and kept track of mileage and gallons. I'm getting around 27-28mpg in city!

The Jeep also has stabillity control, 4-wheel ABS, and side-airbags for their standard base model! (In the past, ABS has saved my butt more than I'm willing to admit! I like to think I'm more a mature driver now).

It has a pretty short shift. Takes-offs are quick, but acceleration is lacking a bit. Not really a big thing for me. The engine noise is pretty quiet UNTIL you reach about 70MPH. Then you really hear it whine. It almost sounds like it needs a 6th gear. I'm sure it's fine, just a bit loud.

The rear seats are roomy as well. I sat back there on drives while my fiance drove. The rear seats takes up some of the very rear storage space. I recently was in the back seat of my friend's Jeep Cherokee, and was cramped! The rear seats of course fold down if I need some expanded space.

Anyway, the sale price for the Patriot Sport "D" package came out to $13,029 after the rebate. I also talked the salesman to drop the destination charge with saved me an additional $500. I sold my truck for $5500 and also had an additional $4000.

After TTL (8.1% sales tax) and dealer junk fees, total was $14,592 out the door. I put a total of $9000 down and just financed $5,592. I used the extra $500 to tint the windows ($170), buy a bug shield ($62), crossbars ($112), and Mopar Speed Control ($200).

All in all, I'm extremely happy with what I got for the price.
Tuksonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #21
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow~ great deal!! We ended up getting $500 cash back and $500 military discount. Still $16800 out the door. Not too shabby---but not as great as your deal. Kudos!!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.