patriot owner...maybe - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > patriot owner...maybe

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 04-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

patriot owner...maybe

well, test drove one tonite. i really liked it. new 08. i have been thinking about trading my rubicon on it trying to lower my payment and gas spending. drove the base 4wd and the limited. limited was nice, but really don't need leather etc. looking for the "trail rated" version. 1" lift. granny gear on auto tranny. the base was nice too. he did not have what i wanted, but is going to look tomorrow. so patriot owners please chime in...
how do you like yours??
thanks.

Unread 04-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

ours isnt the trail rated version but the wife and I love it. roomy (more room than our XJ as far as seating), nice ride, handles well, good mpg. goes great in snow.

only dislikes are a couple biggish blind spots, no power off the line (well compared to the XJ and the v8 cars/trucks Ive had), useless center armrest.

oh yeah prepare to be looked down on from other "real" jeep owners but feel free to laugh back at them as you pass them at the gas pump
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:34 AM   #3
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

had any issues with water leaks? i have read the rear hatch (cargo area) had issues?
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
mich99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There was supposedly an issue with the rubber grommet for the wire to the rear windshield wiper / defrost. My 07 has no issues with that, and I'd heard that was fixed completely for 08s anyway.

I am extremely happy with our Patriot. Keep in mind if you are looking for gas mileage as a key decision point, you will get much better with the non-trail rated version. http://www.jeep.com/en/performance/2008/#mpg_patriot

We have the 5 speed 4x4 FDI powertrain, and my wife consistently pulls down ~ 26 avg mpg in mostly city driving.

'14 Cherokee Trailhawk, 3.2 V6, 9 Speed, Granite / Moroccan Black Interior, 8.4 AN, Trailer Tow
mich99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

thanks for all the info. overall it's seems like a winner. i do like the TR version tho. he is going to shoot me some numbers today.
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #6
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory red View Post
had any issues with water leaks? i have read the rear hatch (cargo area) had issues?
none here.
Unread 04-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
UTAH

2007 Patriot 4x4 Ltd. w/FDII

The Patriot is a great all-around family vehicle. I've got other Jeeps, but my Patriot is my default choice for everything but heavy trail work (does the fire trails just fine).

The Patriot may not have much power, but it does not need it. Not as much power as my Grand Cherokee, but the Patriot would eat my Grand in the slalom. Everyone who drives my Patriot remarks on how well it rides and handles.

I've told this story before: I was out shopping for a vehicle for my mother. She decided she wanted the Patriot and I bought her one. In order to explain all the Patriot functions to her (Ltd. 4x4) I spent a lot of time with her vehicle learning everything. In the process, I discovered what a great vehicle the Patriot is - and ended up buying one for my family a week later.

Bill
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

i am really leaning to a sport with the freedom 2 off road package. dealer does not have one, but i found one searching other jeep dealers. he could dealer trade. they are running 2k off till wednesday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.