Patriot MPG? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot MPG?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #16
ScubaStevie
2008 MK Patriot 

I don't have the thing that tells me my mpg.. any other way to test this?

ScubaStevie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:20 AM   #17
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The next time you fill up, zero one of your trip odometers (there's two, trip A and trip B). At the next fill up, note the amount of gas that it took to fill your tank. Divide the milage on the trip odometer by the amount of gas it took to fill. Vuala-average milage for that trip! They say that you don't start seeing your best milage until the vehicle is broken in (30 days or 300 miles at least). The manual recommends keeping it around 50-55 until 300 miles, but the dealership told my husband to drive at different speeds, and no jackrabbit starts for a while, just to make sure the engine is broken in properly. By about 400 miles, I was getting 29mpg on trips (driving about 55-60). Obviously if you take it easy, you'll get better milage, but you don't want to be roadkill either!!

Good luck and happy driving!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Right, do it as cel0129 says but DON'T top it off and try and fill up at the same place as before. The EVIC MPG read out is only a referance, it's usually off my 1-2 mpg.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
ScubaStevie
2008 MK Patriot 

I have been only driving at 45-50 mph and trying to keep the starts easy and going.. I'm not really pushing it that hard. I want it to run smooth for as long as possible I'm gonna be filling up soon and just am at over 130 miles so far.
Unread 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #20
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

Mpg

I have had my 08 Patriot since 30 Nov 07. Sport, 2.0. Got the 2.0 for the better MPG. Based upon what I have read on this site, the smaller engine does get me a little better MPG.

I live in coastal Georgia, where most of the rural communities are several miles apart, and hills do not exist. Therefore, most travel is about 75/25, highway (55 and over)/ city (45 and under). We also took our Patriot on a Christmas trip from Georgia to Ohio, which of course included mountain driving.

The average MPG I consistenly get is a little over 28.

On the occasions when I drove mostly in the city/suburbs, I got about 26.

When on the highway, and only stopping for rest breaks and food, we got over 31, easily.

Side note: Passing was not a problem with the 2.0. Only got a little snow up north, and the ESP came on once.
jjdejesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #21
Fogrunner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have an 08 Patriot and after several fill-ups, my average gas consumption is 11Litres / 100Kilometers. Thats with the vehical in 4wd almost continously due to the snow and ice conditions.
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #22
ScubaStevie
2008 MK Patriot 

0 degree temps and alot of city driving only got me about 18 mpg

It warmed up to about 32 and I'm getting around 22. I'm hoping it still goes up.

I only have 800 miles on a two week old jeep
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #23
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

With the 0 to -15 that we had last week I posted my worse yet, barely 19mpg. Now that it's back up to 24-38 degrees I've seen an immediate increase up to about 23mpg. Winter sucks!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #24
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for more responses. I'm considering an '08 Patriot FD1 w/ CVT

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #25
Ronster
2008 MK Patriot 

I'm averaging around 21.5 mpg on my Patriot Limited (FD I). I bought the Patriot exactly a month ago and it just passed 1500 miles. I travel about 60 miles a day and most of that is stuck in LA traffic. The highest I've hit is 23 mpg. I haven't had the chance to take it for a long drive yet but hopefully that will change soon.
Ronster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #26
luffy

Well my Patriot is almost one year old and I have 43,000 miles on her now and I still average 24 -28 on the highway.

Her - 07 SRT-8
"For Play"
luffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 03:24 AM   #27
Jeepster55

while i don't have a Patriot, my Compass has consistently given me 22-23 MPG's on my daily drive to and from work and on the one trip we took from Indy to KC, got over 26 and that was only a week after we got it. the absolute WORST i've gotten is 20, and that was when it was REALLY cold outside with snow on the ground and had it in 4X4 mode for the entire week.

i'm VERY HAPPY!!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #28
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

I had a 2007 Patriot Limited with the Freedom II off road package and after 11K miles, I was averaging 17 MPG. I do not have a lead foot, and did not drive it like it was a Porsche 911.

This was one of the drawbacks for the Patriot, as when i purchased it, I was counting on 22-26 MPG. Our Jeep 2008 Liberty get 19.3 MPG with only 2K miles on it. This was a definate bonus that I was not expecting when we purchased the LIberty to replace the Patriot.
KUHawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #29
charlimc
2008 MK Patriot 

I get between 10.6 and 11.8 litres per hundred kilometres with my 2008 patriot 4x4 with cvt. Winter here has been typical - temp ranging from 6C to -24 c and a snow storm every four or five days. I anticipate that once spring arrives my mileage will improve. Last winter I got between 17 and 18 litres per 100 kms with my 2005 Dakota 4x4 with the 3.7 engine, and it was a much easier winter. My only complaint is that the damn ESP cuts my accelerator when I am trying to bull up a hill on snow and ice. Even when I take it partially off it still cuts my momentum so that I have been very challenged in making a number of hills. Off road i will turn ESP all the way off , but these hills are in the city and sometimes you do not get advance warning- I wish the esp were easier to disable.
charlimc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.