Patriot and iPod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot and iPod

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
tenringnow
2011 MK Patriot 

Patriot and iPod

I am totally baffled. My wife has a 2011 Patriot. The radio is an REQ. The glove box has a USB connector and when it was bought it had an iPod cable connected to the USB connector. Originally I tried to get an older iPhone to work as an iPod with limited success. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it did not. Recently picked up a used mini iPod. This one is not recognized at all, no device. I tried changing the iPod cable, no difference. As a test, I took the iPod, a Classic, out of my 2010 Ram with a dealer installed Uconnect interface. It works in the jeep. In addition, the mini iPod works in the Ram. How can I tell what is really installed and is there a way to determine what interfaces are in the jeep.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

tenringnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
tenringnow
2011 MK Patriot 

As an added note, the blue tooth phone interface to her iPhone works perfectly through the radio.
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

Sorry about the earlier error with this link, looks like the Jeep site uses some Javascript that does not let me link directly to their customer contact form.
  1. Go to this link.
  2. Second link from the bottom, "I need customer assistance." Click it.
  3. Right above "Contact us by Telephone" on the right side is a link: "Send us an Email". Click that and fill out the form.

Chrysler/Jeep will send you a list of everything your Jeep came with from the factory. They usually get that to you within a few days, but during busy times they have been known to take a week or two.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]

Last edited by jasonwe; 10-13-2012 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed link.
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
tenringnow
2011 MK Patriot 

Darn, link errors out.
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

Link replaced with a different one and a few instructions. Looks like the Jeep site's Javascript won't let me link to the form directly.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
tenringnow
2011 MK Patriot 

Thanks for the link, sent a request to jeep.
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
tenringnow
2011 MK Patriot 

Already got a reply back from Jeep with the full build information. What I have is an REQ radio, I knew that. It states it has a remote USB port, that is is the glove box. It does have Uconnect with Blue Tooth, and that does work great with my wife's iPhone. It does not state iPod integration. Seems the mini iPod and my iPod classic are not the same when plugged in. The Jeep sees the Classic, not the mini, so, they probably have slightly different interfaces to the cable. The mini iPod does charge in the Jeep. We can make it work through the Auxiliary port, but she would like to control the iPod through the radio like I do. Looks like more research and maybe a trip to the dealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.