Patriot Interior Scratch Easy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot Interior Scratch Easy?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 10-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
79bigmack

Patriot Interior Scratch Easy?

Sat in a new patriot this past weekend...at 6'4" / 200lbs i was surprised with the amount of leg and head room it had...seemded more roomy than my XJ, even though it looks a little bit smaller from the outside.

Question -- Has anyone had problems with the plastic used on the interior of the Patriot? Any scratching like on the JKs?

tnx

2000 Cherokee Sport 4x4 :(
2004 Discovery :(
2003 F-150 4x4
79bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

own a compass, no scratches/marks on inside of the vehicle yet , 9000 miles on it
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79bigmack
Sat in a new patriot this past weekend...at 6'4" / 200lbs i was surprised with the amount of leg and head room it had...seemded more roomy than my XJ, even though it looks a little bit smaller from the outside.

Question -- Has anyone had problems with the plastic used on the interior of the Patriot? Any scratching like on the JKs?

tnx
I have scratched my b pillar where I am constantly getting in and out and have a knife clipped to my pocket. Also, my driverside backseat window got knocked out really forcefully and it scratched the heck out of the door opposite it, that's how forcefully it was knocked out. Pisses me off to this day, but mine is also a Caliber, but same thing basically.
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

had the compass for one year now, no scraches on interior, dogs have been in back and no scratches there either.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
BuzzDog

I've gotten a few...a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" made them practically disappear.
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ive managed to scratch the drivers inside plastic door trim with the key when I get out, gotta learn not to hold the key like that when I get out. its an actual scratch, not just a mark.

I agree the patriot seems more roomy than my cherokee, its the main reason we went with it vs the compass. feels very spacious.
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
nearly.normal
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79bigmack

tnx

Oh god yes.

You can scratch the plastic by looking at it.
Especially the cheap silver paint on the handle pull area of the door.
There are many on another jeep patriot forum saying the exact same thing.

Not to mention that I have white 'stress' dots popping up all over my doors, and a shoebox size patch above the passenger air bag fading to a white bleachy color.

Dealer has looked at it all and said bring it in Tuesday. Will see what their idea of fixing it will be.

Jim
07 Patriot purchased June 23rd, 2000 miles.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.