Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Patriot Factory Tow Harness Install

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hinterlander 
#1 ·
I installed a Draw-Tite 2" receiver hitch on my '08 Patriot today without any problem. I bought the '08 Patriot with the factory tow prep package figuring it would be a ten minute job to install the wiring harness, like the old days. I pulled the monster harness out of it's bag and found three relays, a multitude of connectors and a very cryptic instruction sheet. It doesn't look like any of it is very difficult with the exception of mounting the relays.

Has anyone here done this install? The instruction sheet does not clearly show where the relays are mounted. Will I need to pull the hitch back off to route the harness? Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

#3 ·
Thanks TJinWV for passing those photos along. Also, having deepwell and standard 15/16th sockets, plus a good 15/16" combo wrench makes the hitch install much easier. I would have installed the wiring first, but I needed to move a log splitter over the weekend and didn't need the lights. Oh well, 10 minute job to pull the hitch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.