Patriot Factory Tow Harness Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot Factory Tow Harness Install

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
Hinterlander

Patriot Factory Tow Harness Install

I installed a Draw-Tite 2" receiver hitch on my '08 Patriot today without any problem. I bought the '08 Patriot with the factory tow prep package figuring it would be a ten minute job to install the wiring harness, like the old days. I pulled the monster harness out of it's bag and found three relays, a multitude of connectors and a very cryptic instruction sheet. It doesn't look like any of it is very difficult with the exception of mounting the relays.

Has anyone here done this install? The instruction sheet does not clearly show where the relays are mounted. Will I need to pull the hitch back off to route the harness? Any help would be appreciated.

Hinterlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
TJinWV
2002 TJ Wrangler 

For those that have done the install, common practice is to install the harness before installing the hitch, so it may be beneficial to remove the hitch due to lack of space. Don't worry, it's still not a huge job - I installed my harness and hitch in about 75 minutes in the dark. There's a great pictorial here.
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Hinterlander

Thanks TJinWV for passing those photos along. Also, having deepwell and standard 15/16th sockets, plus a good 15/16" combo wrench makes the hitch install much easier. I would have installed the wiring first, but I needed to move a log splitter over the weekend and didn't need the lights. Oh well, 10 minute job to pull the hitch.
Hinterlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.