patriot durability - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > patriot durability

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
daveWK42
2008 WK 

patriot durability

my fiancee bought a 2013 patriot back at the end of january this year...loves the thing. i was kind of "meh" about it, but she was excited, so whatever. as long as she's happy & comfortable driving it. well, i have to say, i've changed my tune!
she was rear ended last weekend while stopped for a pedestrian in the crosswalk...some bimbo in a civic drive right into her w/out ever touching the brakes. civic appeared to be totaled/turned into a beer can at the scene. my fiancee's pat? some crumpling at the corners of the bumper & cosmetic scuffs. i was astonished! we've since found out that there's $8600 worth of repairs needed, what w/ the kinks in the exhaust system, a bent suspension arm, etc...but the most important (& amazing!) thing is that my bride-to-be wasn't hurt at all! i couldn't believe it...she had the usual soreness & stiffness, but no whiplash whatsoever! i think this is due to the deploying headrests. anyone heard of them? the things deploy almost like an airbag in collisions...i didn't even know jeeps (or any car) had such things!
i'm very impressed w/ how this little tank of a jeep handled the whole experience...it took a beating but kept safe what's important. i had my doubts about it, but no longer.

hers: 2013 patriot sport
his: 2008 grand cherokee laredo
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #2
h2otoo
2012 MK Compass 

I hear ya. Traded my Wrangler for a Compass, almost a year and a half ago now. Wife wanted something more comfortable (it is), a little more room (it is roomier), and better mpg (that too). I was not impressed for a long time, but it did grow on me. Fortunately, we have not had to find out how it holds up in a crash. Yes, for what it is, it does it well.

Bob

"What do you mean, my Compass does not have a compass?"
h2otoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Glad she is alright!! That is the most important thing! Do you have any pictures of the accident scene?

I hope you guys are getting money from their insurance for loss of value. The Patriot's resale value isn't as good as the other Jeep models, and being in an accident its going to be even worse.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
daveWK42
2008 WK 

thanks! i was very happy that she fared so well! i have pics of my fiancee's MK, but none of the car that hit her; i'm waiting to see if there are any in the accident report from the police, we were told there might be.

the other driver's insurance is covering everything...medical bills (from our trip to an urgent care center to have her checked out Just In Case), repairs, & rental. the thing's going to be good as new by the time they're done w/ it.

hers: 2013 patriot sport
his: 2008 grand cherokee laredo
daveWK42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.