Patriot/Compass Premium Sound System Speaker Upgrade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot/Compass Premium Sound System Speaker Upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

A point ive tried to make on here about 3 ways...just fell on deaf ears.

I put components in my front...but removed the factory deck and amp. Left the stock 2 1/2 in the dash, and added tweeters in the pillar and 6 1/2 in the door.

Id repost pics but forum wont let me right now.

FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #17
darrent15
2013 MK Patriot 

Would like to see your photos and see what your setup looks like. I dont have the cash at the moment to get a new deck and amps so I was looking to just replace the speakers in hopes to upgrade later. I guess I can go ahead and buy components for the front and install just the 6 1/2 and hold on to the tweeters until I get the new deck and amp. Thanks for the getting back to me quickly.
darrent15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #18
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
A point ive tried to make on here about 3 ways...just fell on deaf ears.

I put components in my front...but removed the factory deck and amp. Left the stock 2 1/2 in the dash, and added tweeters in the pillar and 6 1/2 in the door.

Id repost pics but forum wont let me right now.
Your points didn't fall on deaf ears but you can't seem to grasp that it doesn't apply to everyone. Not everyone feels the same about it as you. Also, your ideas are more expensive than what I did for example which works very well.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
darrent15
2013 MK Patriot 

Well Im opened to any suggestions and cost effective solutions. I just want to do it right the first time without having to go back and buying more stuff. Like I stated before, I looking for something that can easily transition to future upgrades. Something to work with the stock system and then aftermarket headunit and amp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #20
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/s...pdate-1347296/

Thats mine. Completed pics at the bottom. Box doesnt have to be as large as mine though it made for a conveniant amp rack instead of stuffing the small one under the pax seat as planned.
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
darrent15
2013 MK Patriot 

Do anyone know how to get to the BA Subwoofer. Do I have to take the entire rear interior panel off.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrent15 View Post
Do anyone know how to get to the BA Subwoofer. Do I have to take the entire rear interior panel off.
It is in behind the cargo area side panel on the passenger side. I don't believe the speaker grille pops off but even if it did I don't believe you would be able to remove the SW?

That is a BIG and expensive trim panel so take it easy removing it. I have had the driver's side panel out completely and the passengers side popped loose. Takes some work to get those panels out and back in. Take your time.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #23
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Gramps had a link with photos on how to do that a couple years ago. I think it was posted in one of my stereo threads. Go through threads I started to find the link, i havent the time atm.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.