Patriot 4x4 2008 transmission - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot 4x4 2008 transmission

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 09-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
f_chabot
2008 MK Patriot 

Patriot 4x4 2008 transmission

Hi. I own a Jeep Patriot 4x4 2008, and have a couple of questions.

When I bought it the seller told me that the 4x4 mode is working only until about 20 mph, then it progressively transfert the power to the front wheel. Is that true?

Second, when I'm on the highway and try to pass in left lane to get in front of other cars, my Patriot got sooo big lack of power. I shift in 4th, then in 3rd to get some power. Is this normal that the acceleration is so slow?

thanks.

f_chabot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 07:38 AM   #2
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I thought when in 4x4 lock it transferred to "more or less FWD" at 35 (with the other wheels getting power as ESP deigns) , Gramps will know for sure. there is a thread on this somewhere. if hes not around Ill try to find the thread.

as for power (this is a CVT?), try just "D"rive and floor it, it will allow the engine to sit at 6000 rpm and allow tranny to select the best ratio for acceleration. you may be overriding it when you select the gear ratio yourself. our pat has pretty decent highway power. Im never afraid to merge or pass.
Unread 09-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

My understanding of the 4x4 system (at least in my Compass) is that it splits the power 60/40 (front/rear) normally - with the Traction Control/Computer adjusting as it sees fit. And when you flip the 4x4 lock on it tells the computer you want it to split the power 50/50 as much as possible (but the Computer/Traction Control will still adjust as needed)

I don't think this is speed limited in anyway

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

See if this thread helps answer your question, if not let me know: Noobish question about Patriot 4WD system/ESP System

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.