Patriot ??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot ???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #16
wdyer14

Here is my opinion so far,,,and I state it as an opinion since we have not see,sat in,driven,taken offroad,or even farted next to a patriot yet-(lol)

Patriot -rock climbing 4 wheeling offroad beast-no
capable 4 wheel drive---we'll see,but it has a good company to base off of

My 2000 xj-rock climbing 4 wheel offroad beast-no
capable 4 wheel drive--very

Bone stock very few vehicles are truely off road monster,but alot are capable.Jeep isn't aiming for offroad excellence,they are claiming they built the most capable "in class"(key words) 4 wheel drive.And remember this is a entry level vehicle (not a $30,000 rubicon) aimed at the weekend warrior and those on a budget.

I won't comment (and can't see how anyone else can) about it's ability until I drive one,on and off road.No this isn't a wrangler (which is the only true jeep people say)but it is a jeep vehicle.Let's face it if Jeep kept building the same thing every year why would people keep buying them,the market strives for change.

And I hate to say it but my Jeep came stock with 225/75/15 tires,no lift,and no disco's.It was capable on trails,but only in moderation.On the contrast my fathers old 1998 Amigo,had 4 wheel drive,245/70/16 at tires,rear locker and 4.88 gears with a 4 cylinder (124 hp I belive at 3600 lbs curb weight) 5 speed and that witch would crawl through a river to climb a mountain without breaking a sweat,,,so offroad capability is classified differently in everyones eyes.

wdyer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #17
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdyer14
Here is my opinion so far,,,and I state it as an opinion since we have not see,sat in,driven,taken offroad,or even farted next to a patriot yet-(lol)

Patriot -rock climbing 4 wheeling offroad beast-no
capable 4 wheel drive---we'll see,but it has a good company to base off of

My 2000 xj-rock climbing 4 wheel offroad beast-no
capable 4 wheel drive--very

Bone stock very few vehicles are truely off road monster,but alot are capable.Jeep isn't aiming for offroad excellence,they are claiming they built the most capable "in class"(key words) 4 wheel drive.And remember this is a entry level vehicle (not a $30,000 rubicon) aimed at the weekend warrior and those on a budget.

I won't comment (and can't see how anyone else can) about it's ability until I drive one,on and off road.No this isn't a wrangler (which is the only true jeep people say)but it is a jeep vehicle.Let's face it if Jeep kept building the same thing every year why would people keep buying them,the market strives for change.

And I hate to say it but my Jeep came stock with 225/75/15 tires,no lift,and no disco's.It was capable on trails,but only in moderation.On the contrast my fathers old 1998 Amigo,had 4 wheel drive,245/70/16 at tires,rear locker and 4.88 gears with a 4 cylinder (124 hp I belive at 3600 lbs curb weight) 5 speed and that witch would crawl through a river to climb a mountain without breaking a sweat,,,so offroad capability is classified differently in everyones eyes.

great points!

K
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 02:25 AM   #18
sublime600
2001 XJ Cherokee 

does anyone know if the non "limited" models of the patriot are going to have that gray plastic bumper stuff like the liberty's have? i built one on Jeeps website for pretty cheap but it wasnt a limited.
sublime600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #19
Airborne4X4
1948 CJ2A 

Pat and Comp....

The local paper out of Louisville Ky seems the state in the Buyer's Guide to the 07's that the Compass is an attempt the attract new people to the Jeep line. I don't think anybody in during the engineering of this vehicle was picturing it modded and climbing rocks. It's just not that kind of vehicle. I do think soccer moms and the yuppy crowd will eat it up.

I love the looks of the Patriot by the way. Offroader? I don't believe so. But I still would mind seeing one parked in my driveway.
Unread 12-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #20
offroader156

The only difference between the Compass and the Patriot is they have a different bodies (the Patriot's has better "angles"), the FD II Patriot is one inch higher and has a low range. Besides those there isn't alot of difference (except the Patriot looks like a real Jeep ).
offroader156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #21
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader156
The only difference between the Compass and the Patriot is they have a different bodies (the Patriot's has better "angles"), the FD II Patriot is one inch higher and has a low range. Besides those there isn't alot of difference (except the Patriot looks like a real Jeep ).

and the Compass looks like a Libby.

So following your logic, a Libby doesn't look like a REAL Jeep
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #22
offroader156

the Libby looks more like a real Jeep than the compass. just my opinion.
offroader156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
somers
2010 MK Patriot 

Wrangler vr patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxbubba View Post
I'm can't decide between the 4 door Wrangler and the Patriot... to keep current on Patriot news and info I check out the postings on the Jeep Patriot/Compass focused website

When you live in a country where you Government says that you cant have a Wrangler .

You sir ! can at least wake up in the morning with the knowledge that you ( not me ) do have a choice.

So you can make me happy, go and get that Wrangler ( because i cant have one ) please choose the color that you had in mind for the Patriot then every one will be happy.

The big problem with life is not getting something you realy want and opting for second best, that which you will come to regret.

Should you have some difficulty in choosing the color may i respectful surgest silver which is not realy a color, then your Wrangler will look like it is made of metal instead of plastic , conversely red is for Monday green is for Tuesday and so on, as you know our tastes do chance from time to time. Friday color can be Black Friday.

One life live it !

Somers
BERMUDA is

Last edited by somers; 04-03-2012 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Poor English.
somers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.