Patriot ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Patriot ???

1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday Sale

Unread 08-14-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
wdyer14

Patriot ???

For lack of a better place I'll ask here-lol.Has anyone got any of the specs as far as epa mileage curb weight release date pricing any of those goodies yet ?I haven't been able to find anything ,but the basic press release so far.I'm looking at getting a daily driver (no offroading) and I'd like to keep the Jeep name in my garage.

wdyer14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Have you seen this? I haven't seen any pricing or release date yet and mileage should be real close to the Compass. Hope this helps.

http://www.jeep.com/en/07patriot/fea...ifications.pdf
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2006, 10:52 PM   #3
wdyer14

I saw it while searching,but wasn't able to read the one I found..Thank you very much.

And also thank you for the unbias reviews on your purchase.Going through your post is what got my wife looking at the compass(or patriot) over a Toyota...thus saving us enough for me to purchase a wrangler---hopefully-lol

We have always loved our Jeep vehicles,but with our family and commutes both growing Jeep just didn't have anything to offer for our changing needs.For offroad and recreation I'm not a rockcrawler just weekend warrior,but nothing can replace the wranglers,xj's,renegades,etc..that's why we bought them.It is nice however to see Jeep expanding to meet more consumer needs,,as long as they don't completely forget about the roots they have with offroaders.

P.S.
I will however admit the lineup is getting pretty watered down with just having to many vehicles but I think that in a few years Jeep will have narrowed the options down a little.Not that there is anything wrong with choices,but with so many new badges the R&D has to be suffering a little.I guess they never know what works unless they try,maybe it flops or maybe it's ground breaking but at least they are still working on things.
Unread 08-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #4
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdyer14
For lack of a better place I'll ask here-lol.Has anyone got any of the specs as far as epa mileage curb weight release date pricing any of those goodies yet ?I haven't been able to find anything ,but the basic press release so far.I'm looking at getting a daily driver (no offroading) and I'd like to keep the Jeep name in my garage.
I'm can't decide between the 4 door Wrangler and the Patriot... to keep current on Patriot news and info I check out the postings on the Jeep Patriot/Compass focused website
Unread 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
wdyer14

thanks for the site,that's exactly what I've been searching for.Myself I'm wanting a wrangler,but it's a tough call.I really need a suv with better fuel economy and the outlook for the mpg on the wrangler is bleak right now.
Unread 08-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

VERY NICE! Classic looks of a Jeep that a lot will appreciate, including my wife
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
llpistonsll

I read Under 16,000 (just like the compass) and 25 city/30 hwy
In some EPA 2006 quote or somethign liek that
llpistonsll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #8
UTB

It looks awesome! It's either the Patriot or the Compass for my next vehicle. Hi everyone.
UTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
rayjay
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Not a fan of the Compass but the Patriot is sweet!
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #10
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay
Not a fan of the Compass but the Patriot is sweet!

Just out of curiousity, I hear a lot of Jeep fans say something like that.

So, why do you think that is?

What is it in your case?

Is is the fact that the Compass isn't available with a lo range 4wd (FD II)?

Is is the fact that the Compass looks more like a Libby (a not always as well accepted late-model Jeep) and the Patriot looks more like a Cherokee (a more accepted traditional off-roader).

I like em both.

The fact that I don't want/need the FD II means it really doesn't matter which one I buy.

And the fact that I'm coming FROM a Cherokee almost makes me want to get the Compass more, to have something more different.

I mean, if I brought home a Blue Patriot, I'm not entirely certain my daughter would notice the difference right away.

Kev
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2006, 12:43 AM   #11
rayjay
1991 XJ Cherokee 

In my case it just looks freakin FUGLY!!

Yes i'm more attracted to Cherokee's so maybe thats why I like the Patriot more. I just cant stand the way the Compass looks seems stupid to me. Doesn't look like it has any off road potential at all either.
rayjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #12
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:

Yes i'm more attracted to Cherokee's so maybe thats why I like the Patriot more. I just cant stand the way the Compass looks seems stupid to me. Doesn't look like it has any off road potential at all either.
So exactly what I was guessing - looks and the fact that it doesn't have 4wd LO.

So do you also not like the looks of the Libby?
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #13
egalsim

Quote:

The Patriot is in no way related to a Cherokee XJ, not even in the same league. The Cherokee was, is a very capable 4x4, the Patriot doesn't come close. Just look underneath at the suspension and you'll see why.
egalsim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
egalsim

The only difference between the Patriot and Compass, is that the Patriot tries to look more like a traditional Jeep, but underneath, it's nothing more than a car.
egalsim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2006, 05:22 AM   #15
Kev M
2012 WK 

egal,

I gotta say DUH to both those comments.

Of course the Patriot is not related to the XJ MECHANICALLY, but it's as much an obvious heir to the styling as the Commander. Actually I'd say even moreso from the pretty close dimensions.

And yes, the FWD/AWD drivetrain is a far cry from the XJ, so what's your point (other than stating the obvious )

Kev

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.