P2100 code - Electronic Throttle Control and ESP Lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > P2100 code - Electronic Throttle Control and ESP Lights

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #16
dodgedak98
2008 MK Patriot 

Same exact problems as OP. Only has happened after long trips. Posting to subscribe...

dodgedak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
Randy1
2007 MK Patriot 

Last edited by Randy1; 04-27-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
ssapmoc

I had a similar experience with my 08 Compass, w/183K miles, this past Thanksgiving. The dealer replaced the ETC. Cost - $499 w/labor. Problem solved.
ssapmoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Randy1
2007 MK Patriot 

Last edited by Randy1; 04-27-2014 at 08:12 AM..
Randy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #20
Richie1001
2008 MK Patriot 

I am new here and since I have been reading what people have tried to fix this problem, I wanted to share what worked for me on my 2008 Jeep Patriot. I have been trying to fix the problem of being in limp mode becacause my ETC and ESP warning lights were on at the same time for over a month now. In the begining, I was able to just turn off the car and restart it and it would be fine for a few days. Then the lights would come back on and back into limp mode. After a while, that stopped working and my Jeep was stuck in limp mode and nothing I tried would work. I read that it could be the wiring, so I checked all the wiring and it looked good. I read that it could be the wheel sensors, so I replaced them, didn't work. Some people said it was the throttle body, so I spent $200 on one and replaced it, didn't work. I was fed up and was thinking about taking it to a dealer(which I did not want to do after reading all these stories about how they just start changing parts and charging out the *** until the jeep works). Then I remembered one guy, and ONE guy only mentioned that it is the battery. So I decided to check the water level in my battery and it was low. I aded water, started my Jeep, and everything was fine. I don't know if this will fix anyone elses Patriot that is having this problem, but it is something you may want to check.
Richie1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #21
Brandymc1

I was having the same problem. We replaced the fuel pump.. It did not work.. I read your post about the low water level in the battery checked it and it was very low.. Thank you Thank you Thank you it seems to have fixed our problem for now also....
Brandymc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #22
Num1Phat

Hey guys. I've been using this forum for awhile now to find/fix problems on my 2007 Jeep Patriot.

This problem started happening to me for the first time yesterday. Have almost 100k on her.

Anyways, I was fearing the cost that could be associated with this, so I was looking for the simplest, cheapest path, and work my way up. I was really excited when I read the last 2 posts about the battery. So I checked, but that was not it. I was a little bummed as it seemed that I would have to start ordering parts and stuff. So, I put everything back together, and decided to start her up so that I could hear/see the symptoms with the hood up.

Well, upon restart, it almost immediately started with the jerking and warning lights coming on, and I noticed an uncharacteristic sucking sound. So I investigated. Could not determine the source immediately so I removed the engine cover. Low and behold, on the front of the engine on the left side, there is a tube that is suppose to connect right next to the things that holds the engine cover in place.

I turned the Jeep off, properly fixed the tube on the mount, restarted her, and problem solved. WHHEEEEWWWWW

So, if you are having this same problem, start there as an easy solution. It may or may not be your problem, but it's the first place I would look (now), followed by the battery, and then on down the line like everyone else was saying.

Hope this helps at least somebody.
Num1Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #23
cthorn
2008 MK Patriot 

I've had the same issue with the ETC/ESP lights, and eventually stuck in limp mode. Mechanic replaced an ignition coil few weeks ago and that seemed to fix it. Started having the problem again, so now replacing the throttle body today. Keeping fingers crossed. Wished I would have found this forum first though...
cthorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , esp , lights , p2100 code , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.