Own compass -> Buying Patriot. Found good deal. How low can I go? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Own compass -> Buying Patriot. Found good deal. How low can I go?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
eighteenwheeler

Own compass -> Buying Patriot. Found good deal. How low can I go?

I bought a compass for my wife. She loves it. I love it. I tried to drive a liberty but I'm too tall. (funny I can fit in a compass/patriot but not a lib!) Now i'm going to buy one for myself. I understand I can probably offer at invoice or so. however, I don't know if I can deduct employee pricing and cash back from that invoice price. The big quesiton is: where does the employee pricing come from.

I found the last remaining 2007 in the area, and the dealer wants to get rid of it pretty bad, so I thought I'd sacrifice and give up the color I like, and some features I really don't care about (uconnect, leather, some other stuff)

The price is 25,370. I can get 3100 off for employee pricing and cash back for it being an 07. I'm told that this does NOT cut into holdback. does anyone know for sure?

I'm thinking if that does not cut into holdback. then I should offer about 20k. Anyone know if I can get away with going a little lower? I've heard some people say to offer the invoice pricing, other people say less, other people say much more. I don't have any idea what the holdback is on these cars. I overpaid on the first one, but I don't want to do that on this one

any help is greatly appreciated. I guess that means I'll own both- the compass and the patriot!

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 6 cyl auto
eighteenwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:04 AM   #2
Jeepster55

i know it's about a week later now......did you buy your Patriot?

as for what to offer? hey, offer as low as you want. all they can say is NO and counter-offer.

it's a "Buyers Market" right now......use it to your advantage!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
eighteenwheeler

I got 6500 off, WITHOUT employee pricing (I didn't want to have to have my relative sign for it and the ntransfer to me in 6 months, then i'd lose the warranty) with a tow hitch and slush mats thrown in. They have 2750 rebates on 07s.

I bought it from the same guy I paid for my first.

I guess that makes me an owner of both loaded (sans nav) trail rated pat!
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 6 cyl auto
eighteenwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.