Overlanding....first big trip Idaho to Fairbanks....owners only please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Overlanding....first big trip Idaho to Fairbanks....owners only please

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 11-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
pakratt

Overlanding....first big trip Idaho to Fairbanks....owners only please

Wife, kiddo, and two dogs relaunching our life of adventure. We have decided on overlanding for that....undecided on vehicle. I have an Xj and Yj.... But the compass and patriot have come on on our radar recently. Understanding we will need to modify the new rig for overlanding, I wanted to know from owners things like reliability, miliage, rough trail handling, lifting, etc.

Thanks

pakratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

2011 Patriot Latitude w/Off Road package. 6,500 miles. 16-17 mpg city, 23-24 Highway. Rickity Suspension on Washboard dirt roads. No real off roading done. Drives well in snow. Slow throttle/transmission response. Hopefully that is improved next week with Chrysler TSB software update. Oh and my new annoyance is an unusually high amount of play in the drivers seat for having such low mileage. Manual seats.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
pakratt

Thanks. Picking up a patriot from hertz this morning for the weekend to drive.
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

let me know how you like it... i was thinking of one for a family commuter
00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

95 XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto, V8 ZJ steering linkage
JSahara00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Please review the rules http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/je...-rules-421475/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
pakratt

We enjoyed the Patriot but not sure its the vehicle for this type of trip. It is a fine vehicle and would honestly consideratenfor my wifes needs (she is a vet tech who travels). Interestingly enough my Dad fell in love with it.

I liked allot of the features on it and felt likemit was really well built. The remote start was an added bonus since it was 19 degrees this morning

I likedmit enough that I am renting one again for a road trip to Seattle next weekend.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.