Overheating 2010 Patriot 4x4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Overheating 2010 Patriot 4x4

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Liberty6

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Overheating 2010 Patriot 4x4

Hi Folk's, My niece has a 2010 4x4 Jeep Patriot, She has it at the dealer for the 2nd time (dealer can't find the problem) The dealer won't even give her a free rental. While traveling down the HWY 75 mph in a 70mph zone, outside heat is 80 degree's, after travelling roughly 30 miles or so, she's getting a loud noise and the motor is overheating.

I'm hoping somebody here might have some sensible answer's. It's at a dealer here in lower Michigan. Any help would be appreciated. Bill.

Liberty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

This thread got me to thinking...does anybody here actually have a story about when the dealer ACTUALLY FOUND the problem? Do mechanics even know how to look for anything besides codes anymore?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Oil is also a coolant, does it have the right weight, is it to the proper level and is it flowing with enough pressure/volume? Bugs or other things blocking the air flow to the radiator, are the fans working? There are two thermostats that may be defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
This thread got me to thinking...does anybody here actually have a story about when the dealer ACTUALLY FOUND the problem? Do mechanics even know how to look for anything besides codes anymore?
Everybody relies on computers and not their brain these days. They are technicians, not mechanics by the old definition. "A technician is a worker in a field of technology".

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
dirkdiggler106
2012 MK Patriot 

How many miles are on the jeep?
Are all fluid levels good: oil- coolant- transmission?
Radiator fan working?
Thermostat working properly?
That's where I would start.
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
Liberty6

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Appreciate the responses guy's.
Liberty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Millermagic
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did it have the radiator hoses replaced at some point? Its possible that it's sucking the lower rad hose shut.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.