Ordering a vehicle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Ordering a vehicle

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #1
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

Ordering a vehicle

I placed an order for a 2008 Patriot on October 27, 2007. The dealer told me that it could take from 6 - 8 weeks. I live near Savannah, Georgia.

I wanted to know how long it has taken others to receive a vehicle once it was ordered. Has anyone had any issues with vehicles taking longer than 8 weeks? Has anyone been lucky enough to have the vehicle delivered under 6 weeks? Other than calling the dealer, is there anyway to check the status of the order?

Thanks for any help.

J

jjdejesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'm not sure how long they are going to take since I hear that 3rd shift has been cut at the Belvidere plant. Unless someone comes up with any thing else, I would say stay tuned into your dealer.

to JF!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Ordered Nov 1

Hi;
It will be interesting to track as ordered mine November 1. Had to order to get the 5 speed and the Jeep Green. I don't think the third shift gets cut until sometime in 2008.
Trek620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

More info

I went back and forth between the 2008 Liberty, Compass and Patriot. I have a 2005 Liberty and love it except for the gas mileage and I never really use all of it's capability. After many test drives and intense stuyding of the brochures and prices I ordered a Patriot with the E package, 5 speed, tire and wheel group and Jeep Green Metallic. The dealer said between 6 and 8 weeks, I'm excitedly looking forward to delivery. The much better gas mileage was the biggest factor, gas prices just seem to keep going up and up. The Patriot won over the Compass for me because of it's "lil Cherokee" styling. But I still admire the Compass when one drives by.
Unread 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

I just checked with the dealer and got some information. I used this link for some ideas. It was helpful.

http://www.ewylie.com/jeep/ordering.htm

Anyways, the DC customer service was able to confirm my Vehicle Order Number (VON) and provided me with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). She also informed me that the vehicle is in D1 gateline scheduling, which means they have the parts and are preparing to build it. From what I read on various sites, the actual build doesn't take long. It's just the shipping afterward that causes delays.

I will update this forum for anyone who wants to check. Here is my timeline so far:

27 October 2007. Ordered vehicle from Dealership. (Savannah, GA).
13 November 2007. Provided VON, VIN and status. D1 Gateway.
Unread 11-15-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Five weeks

I asked my salesperson for an update and he states the vehicle will be at the dealer the week of December 1st. If this holds true, the time from order to delivery will be five weeks. Faster than I expected, it may help that I live in the Detroit area, relatively not that far from the Illinois assembly plant. Looking forward to having it in my driveway!
Unread 11-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

My dealer called me on Monday, 19 November, to let me know that my Patriot was scheduled to be shipped on 24 November. He said we should expect it to arrive and be ready after 28 November. If so, this will be less than 5 weeks.

19 November 2007. Dealer informs me that vehicle will soon be shipped.

Cautiously optimistic.
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
SpeedRhysr

That is pretty good. Mine took three months when I ordered a 2007 Jeep Compass LTD. I ordered it in July of 06 and got it in Oct. I think they were slow because it was right when they came out.
SpeedRhysr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #9
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

Just talked to the dealer about an hour ago. He told me that the due date for arrival is today, 28 November, but it has not arrived. (I think I would have preferred if he told me nothing.) Anyways, here is the updated timeline, and hoping it arrives tonight.

28 November 2007. Scheduled Arrival date

Cautiously optimistic.
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
jjdejesus
2008 MK Patriot 

I picked up my Patriot on Friday, November 30 2007. Below is the timeline.

28 November 2007. Scheduled Arrival date
30 November 2007. Picked up Patriot!

It was 34 days from when I ordered the vehicle until I received it. This was less than 5 weeks, when I had expected 6-8 weeks. Pretty good.

The price was exactly what I expected, plus the $500 off for the Event of a Lifetime. I had to travel to Charleston from Savannah over the weekend, so I have already put 420 miles on it. It runs great! No problems with power (2.0 engine) or with the alleged noise of the engine. QC was on it for this one, because I also didn't detect any problems visually, or problems with the features. Averaged 27.2 MPG.

However, my wife is 5'4", and she sits a little low when driving. It could have used a height adjustment on the seat for shorter people. I am 5'9" though, and the seat position is perfect for me. The other minor bummer is that the Sirius radio does not display the name of the Station, Artist, or Song.

This will be our family vehicle for long trips, shopping and camping. I LOVE IT!!!

It also feels great to have a nice vehicle that is American made too!
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Almost

Gald to hear of your good experience. My dealer says mine was shipped yesterady and should arrive later this week. Sounds like the timline is about the same for both of us. Looking forward to picking it up.
Unread 12-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #12
Trek620
2008 MK Patriot 

Delivered!

Picked mine up yesterday, December 7th. It actually arrived at the dealer the day before making 35 days from order to dealer. Exactly in the middle of the 4 to 6 week timeframe promised. I love it so far!
Unread 12-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
udmover
2011 WK 

I had my Patriot in exactly five weeks after ordering it. The salesman I dealt with was GREAT and kept me very much in the loop with the build process. If he hadn't done this, I don't know how one would find out where the vehcile is in the process. He told me that they paint all the blue cars at the same time, then the white ones, and so on. I got Steel Blue so maybe that was the paint of the week.
udmover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.