Optional tires/wheels for MK's (pg 6 for sizes) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Optional tires/wheels for MK's (pg 6 for sizes)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #16
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Haha, you won't get any flack from me on it, I have a Caliber, and the bolt pattern is the same, backspacing is different for you guys, let me see. 5 on 4.5 4.7" backspacing on the Patriot, the WJ (and presumably WK) shows a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. I know that Magnum wheels work I've heard on a caliber and look really good, maybe you should look into that or wheels from a TJ, YJ, XJ, MJ, etc. I am showing that ZJ bolt spacing is the same as well.

Unread 05-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #17
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Bigger tire and wheels for Compass

Does anyone know if bigger wider tires will fit on the Jeep Compass? I want a tire to fill out the fenderwell a little more I'd like to go with a 235/60/18 tire. That tire will fit the 18X7 wheel. The 7" width is the spec width for that size tire. I contacted Jeep, factory reps suggested that I not change the tire size, mainly as a warranty issue. A company called Startech based in Europe sells all kinds of aftermarket products for the new Compass. Seems to be quite a hit in Europe! They sell 245/35/20 tires mounted on an 20X8" rim as a package and even show the Compass with the tires and wheels on it! I'd like to go with Pirelli tires in the 235/60/18 they are a street/sport tire designed for trucks/SUVs.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We'll let you catch up on some reading. Changing tire sizes also affects other things: speedo reading, tire monitoring system, along with clearance, bounce and other stuff.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/optional-tires-wheels-mks-pg-6-sizes-410134/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389866

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-359095/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/tires-348852/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/tire-pressure-monitoring-system-question-303655/

I'm seriously looking at some Pirelli Scorpion A/T 235/60/TR18 (29.1"tall) myself but also may consider some 235/65R18 (30"tall) depending on when I do my lift. I'm still thinking on it. Be sure you understand what your doing by changing tire size, it's at your own risk. Unless you lift it, a 225/60R18 might be as tall as you dare to go at 28.62" or a 245/55R18 at 28.61". 28" tall is as much as they are putting on from the factory.

We've also touched on Startech here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-rallye-399392/

and here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...15#post3738215

nice stuff but it's also the lowered European Diesel verson. They will be selling pieces.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #19
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemark8
I contacted Jeep, factory reps suggested that I not change the tire size, mainly as a warranty issue.
is the warranty issue that they are talking about just for the tires. i know that they come with the road damage warranty but didnt think they were covered by the factory warranty. also didnt think that changing tires 1 or 2 sizes really messed with anything important. now dont get what i am saying wrong. i know that when u put bigger tires on it can put added strain on certain parts, but going from a 27-29" tire just doesnt seem drastic enough to mess anything up.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2007, 10:03 PM   #20
pillzny

Here's a pic of mine with 20s. I got them about 2 weeks ago and so far soo good. As per the rim site, 20s with a 35 tire is the biggest you can go without rubbing or having to do mods on the car. I am happy with the results and no rubs. Pot holes do hit harder but I try my best to dodge em.

pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
is the warranty issue that they are talking about just for the tires. i know that they come with the road damage warranty but didnt think they were covered by the factory warranty. also didnt think that changing tires 1 or 2 sizes really messed with anything important. now dont get what i am saying wrong. i know that when u put bigger tires on it can put added strain on certain parts, but going from a 27-29" tire just doesnt seem drastic enough to mess anything up.
Look here, posts #4 & #6, probably the best reasons that "warranty" was mentioned

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/steel-wheels-snow-tires-316666/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillzny
As per the rim site, 20s with a 35 tire is the biggest you can go without rubbing or having to do mods on the car.
Do you mean a 235 tire or ? Do you have a link to the rim site? Looks like your going with the Startech look!

Unread 05-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #22
pillzny

245/35/20.... got them @ www.streetdreams.org

They came with tires on the wheels, balanced, lugs, locks and tire pressure monitors. I took them out of the box and slapped them on
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #23
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Wow! How much did you drop on this setup? And how did you know they'd fit?

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #24
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Dodge Charger wheels

I've been checking out some other tire/wheel packages. Has anyone fitted a Compass with the Stock 18" Dodge Charger wheels and tires. There about a 1/2 taller than the stock Compass tires . If you visit www.caliberforum.com you will find that quite a few people have replaced the stock Caliber wheels with the 18X7.5 Dodge Charger wheels and tires. The bolt Pattern is indentical! Maybe I'll go this route. The Charger tire is a much more aggressive tread design.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #25
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillzny
245/35/20.... got them @ www.streetdreams.org

They came with tires on the wheels, balanced, lugs, locks and tire pressure monitors. I took them out of the box and slapped them on

couldnt u go with a 245/40/20 since the 35 sidewall tire is really only 26.8" and the stock tires run between 27" and 28".

by the way, wheels look really good black on black.

also remember that ur spedo is now off. when ur doing 60mph ur really going about 57mph.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #26
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wheels for a Patriot

My brother is about to buy a patriot and he is sacrificing the tire and wheel package and the color to be able to do this. He wanted the silver and is getting the khaki (which isn't a big deal to him) but is having to go with the cheaper wheels which he will want to swap out. I am doing a little research for him as far as what he can swap out with. From what I have found searching, the patriot appears to be a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern (feel free to correct if I am wrong) with a 4.7" backspacing. This would mean it shares the bolt pattern with TJs, YJs, XJs, MJs, ZJs, and Liberties. I would think he should be able to find some wheels from a ZJ or Liberty pretty easily, but it appears that the backspacing may be too much (5.5"). Is this, in fact correct, or would the 5.5" backspacing be ok for the Patriot? Should he wait until someone rices a Patriot out and just buy the wheels/tires off of them?
Unread 05-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
pillzny

Thanks for the thumbs out guys.. I was sweating a little cause I know some people take their jeeps pretty seriously.

To tell you the truth I wanted to go with 45s since the streets in NY are not the kindest to rims. www.streetdreams.org convinced me the 245/35/20 is the biggest I could go without running into issues. All I did was upgraded to Toyo Proxy rubbers and included the sensors. The standard set comes to $1200 but with the Proxies and the sensors I spent $1400. The rims were just released in April... this site had them the cheapest.

When I put these next to the oem, they looked about the same height. So far... no problems.

When I get pulled over for speeding, I'll be sure to explain this the spedo thing to the cop 07compasssport... lol
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

pillzny,

I didn't see any derogatory comments on the Startech Rallye and it looks like that's the path your taking with yours. Not following but leading, yours in on the street and theirs is still a prototype the last I heard. You should enjoy your ride the way you want!

Unread 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

hey, whatever turns you on...I wouldn't put these kind of rims and tires on for functional reasons, i.e. driving forest roads, but if you're doing the urban thing exclusively, have fun with it and don't worry what narrow-minded folks might think.
BTW, I sent you a private message re K&N install.

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #30
SupportURTroops

I am hoping to put the 18" Premium wheels off a Jeep Compass on my Patriot
I so dislike those Jeep Cherokee looking wheels the Patriot comes with. If I don't keep the originals for winter beaters, I would gladly let them go.

Tags
18" tires , compass , patriot , tires , wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.