OK The jeep was hit last night... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > OK The jeep was hit last night...

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

OK The jeep was hit last night...

it was parked right outside of my house and someone hit it hard enough for it to move about 20 feet... my only concern is that i will not be able to get the lifetime bumper to bumper now which i planned on buying in about 2 weeks.. the guy has full coverage through progressive and everything he was pretty drunk and he got about 4 tickets because he fled the scene but i caught him he gave me his license there was beer and liqour all in the car and then the guy started running when he gave me his keys and license... my only question is that as long as everything is replaced with oem mopar parts will i still be able to get the lifetime bumper to bumper.

burrell9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

pics of the accident

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2it4gg1&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ufuis4&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11w7kp1&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mphif9&s=5
Unread 01-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrell9 View Post
pics of the accident

Click free - use the picture button on the toolbar or img tags next time and it'll be easier to see the pics.

I don't know how to answer your question on the warranty issue, but you really need to talk to your insurance company on the repair since he was drunk and was ticketed as such.

Remember that you pay your insurance company not just to reimburse you for a claim, but also to fight on your behalf. Don't be afraid to use them.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Click free - use the picture button on the toolbar or img tags next time and it'll be easier to see the pics.
Us new guys can't insert embeded pictures until 50 posts or so. Even with the img tag.

burrell - Man, that sucks. At least the guy was caught. Kind looks like the Jeep held up well if it moved quite a bit.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

No, but it makes it easier for us veterans if you use the right tags.

Unread 02-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

ok got the jeep back everything looks brand new and feels good but... the wheel is real tight to the left and loose when turning to the right alignment issues? was told a 4 wheel alignment was done to the car but the steering wheel kinda leans to the right shouldn't it it be centered and tight turning both ways?...
Unread 02-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrell9 View Post
ok got the jeep back everything looks brand new and feels good but... the wheel is real tight to the left and loose when turning to the right alignment issues? was told a 4 wheel alignment was done to the car but the steering wheel kinda leans to the right shouldn't it it be centered and tight turning both ways?...
Yup, it should be centered. Make sure they check for a bent rim too.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Sounds like they need to go back to the alignment rack - the wheel should be centered, and you shouldn't have resistance one direction or another. You might even let your insurance company know that you're not satisfied with the alignment job and would like it to be redone by another shop.

Unread 02-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

a mechanic looked at the car today and said the whole back end is out of alignment and that the side where the car was hit the wheel is bent... this is very frustrating im getting the feeling that my jeep is never going to be the same after this..
Unread 02-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

jeep was taken back to shop where the work is done and they said the whole rear suspension needs to be replaced... shouldnt this have been realized before releasing the car back to me?... this is like extreme negligence is it not?... im going to ask the insurance company if the rest of the work can be done at another shop...
Unread 02-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I wouldn't just ask the insurance company to have the remainder of the work done at another shop, I would demand it.

I would also respectfully request that the shop that did the previous repair be removed from their list of approved shops, if not blacklisted.

Unread 02-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #12
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

ok i got the car back from the other body shop and the steering wheel is very straight thing is they told me that the rear lca on the side where the car was hit was not bent even though the other body shop who screwed up told me it was bent... have been driving the car for 2 days seems good but if i take my hands off the wheel the car does drift to the right but it's not right away it takes a little while... my question is... is this happening because the lca is bent?..
Unread 02-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It could be the road, they aren't perfectly built either. Mine will eventually drift one way or the other just depending on the road but it takes awhile. lca + Lower Control Arm I assume?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #14
burrell9
2008 MK Patriot 

yeah lower control arm on the side where the car was hit now i hear sort of a creaking noise when i go over bumps.. it's going to the shop tomorrow the noise is really weird... this whole situation had been a pain in the nads.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.