'Oil Change Required' Message - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > 'Oil Change Required' Message

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
mdneve

'Oil Change Required' Message

I traded in my 1996 Cherokee 4.0L Petrol for a 2009 Patriot Diesel on Friday. When I went to drive away the 'Oil Change Required' message was illuminated. This was reset by following the procedure of depressing the accelerator three times within 10 seconds. The message was not displayed the next time I started the Patriot but returned the time after that. I have now reset several times over the weekend. The reset procedure seems to work initially but the message then returns.

The oil was apparently changed immediately before I collected the Patriot. I understand the indication is based on duty cycle. What parameters are measured ? Is this definately an eroneous indication ? How can it be reset ?

Thanks

mdneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
BrandonLong
1996 ZJ 

Have you verified the oil was changed?
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
ddavidv
2008 MK Patriot 

I don't believe the 'system' has any clue nor cares if the oil is actually changed or not. I believe it is set by mileage and/or cycle times of the ignition switch.
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil change indicator , oil change reminder

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.