Ohhh Just 1 more month! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Ohhh Just 1 more month!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
llpistonsll

Ohhh Just 1 more month!

I went to the dealership yesterdaym he said in about a month when they get all the 2007 stock in, I can get a 0 down lease on a compass for around 200 a month with 0 down(just 600 in start up fees)... I was wondering about this because I dont have any discounts or anything. Thats kinda low I think. Does that sound realistic?All the other dealerships are over 300$ a month to leease, but 200 at this one?? The tough part is waiting a whole month, ive already waited 8 months
But he said that he'll call me when they get alot of stock.!

llpistonsll is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
JeepFreak91

really? we have had the 2007s here for a month or more
JeepFreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yea really, I saw a bunch of them outside my local dealership.. and even starting to see some of them on the roads.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #4
llpistonsll

They do have some and they are 325 dollars to lease at other dealerships since there so new, but the guy said wait a month so I will be able to choose w/e color, trim etc
and for a lower price
Unread 08-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #5
jeep_on

Why the hell would any one even think about buying / leasing a Compass? Go buy a Pontiac Vibe, its the same thing and your not disgracing the legend of the Jeep name.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Why the hell would any one even think about buying / leasing a Compass? Go buy a Pontiac Vibe, its the same thing and your not disgracing the legend of the Jeep name.

I'm NOT looking to start a flame war.

but that is a pretty stupid statement.

1. A Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix, and a Jeep Compass seems to share a bit of platform with some Mitsubishis. Those are very separate companies. Toyota has ties to GM while Mitsu to DC.

2. "Disgracing" the Jeep name?

How about a vehicle that is designged to potentially keep Jeep in business?

Jeep IS about building capable vehicles. Yes, most are mildly-to-very off-roadable from a start. But still a TINY percentage EVER see use off-road.

A Compass represents a product that realistically accepts that, while still offering MANY of the things for which the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of people buy Jeeps.

The ability to deal with foul weather, the confidence of a well-built, nicely styled utility vehicle. AND it is one that has been designed with some economy in mind.

It's been a long time since CAFE standards were raised. But it's just a matter of time.

Remember that for every 26/30 mpg Compass they sell, that's another couple of gas guzzling Wranglers, GCs, Commanders or Libbys they can sell too. And I don't want to see those more rugged, and much more capable vehicles go away anytime soon!

The Compass and Patriot platform is going to do Jeep a service. It's going to help protect the nameplate from rising gas prices and EPA regulation. To bring in more and liekly new customers, some of whom never would have considered a Jeep in the first place. Others of whom might have gone another direction if not for the economy offered by the platform.

So instead of looking at them with disdain, perhaps you should appreciate the money and average fuel economy they're feeding back to the rest of the line.

Kev
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #7
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
1. A Pontiac Vibe is a Toyota Matrix, and a Jeep Compass seems to share a bit of platform with some Mitsubishis. Those are very separate companies. Toyota has ties to GM while Mitsu to DC.
GMC and Isuzu have ties together, not Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
So instead of looking at them with disdain, perhaps you should appreciate the money and average fuel economy they're feeding back to the rest of the line.
Nah, I think I'll just knock on them every chance I just, just like the WK. If you want fuel economy, go buy a WV TDI.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #8
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Nah, I think I'll just knock on them every chance I just, just like the WK. If you want fuel economy, go buy a WV TDI.

GM has ties with Toyota - just through selling the Matrix as a Vibe. And historically, by selling a rebadged Toyota as a Geo.

And Suzuki for the same reason.

Plus GM has ties with Subaru (the SAAB version of the WRX) and Honda (the Saturn Vue with the Honda motor) etc.

But the important part here is that I can find no evidence of a tie between TOYOTA and DC as you seemed to try and draw.

Quote:

No matter how silly it makes you look?

As for a (I suspect you meant VW not WV) TDI, I'd be quite happy with a diesel motor, unfortunately Jeep just broke my heart on the Libby and now I'm looking for another solution.

Either way, I'm not a real fan of the quality on late-model VWs/Audis, especially with regards to electrics.

Kev
Unread 08-31-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
table
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
Yea really, I saw a bunch of them outside my local dealership.. and even starting to see some of them on the roads.

Only seen 1 compass on the road, but the local dealership here in Arlington, VA, had 3 on the lot. 1 month seems like a long time to wait, unless you're looking for specific features.... especially in Detroit!!
Unread 09-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #10
llpistonsll

Nevermind, these dealers ae stupid.
The guy emailed me and said Ill let you know when the compass becomes more available, but come out and check out the latest and greatest Jeep Aspen we just got in..

What a retard.

So I got a 2007 Loaded Trailblazer LT...for less than the compass per month.

When im older (18) Im going to buy either a patriot or a 2008 Wrangler!
i just couldnt wait i need a car for school.
Unread 09-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llpistonsll
Nevermind, these dealers ae stupid.
The guy emailed me and said Ill let you know when the compass becomes more available, but come out and check out the latest and greatest Jeep Aspen we just got in..

What a retard.

So I got a 2007 Loaded Trailblazer LT...for less than the compass per month.

When im older (18) Im going to buy either a patriot or a 2008 Wrangler!
i just couldnt wait i need a car for school.

You're gonna spend an extra couple of payments a year on gas alone!

Did you buy or lease?
Unread 09-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
llpistonsll

I leased a loaded 07 for 0 down and 213 a month. It has everything exept GPS, cuz they get stolen too easily.

The compass was 200-250 the dealer said, and that was for the stripped version.
My grandma said when I turn 18 I have a secret savings account with 10 g's !
So im hoping to pay for a 2008 wrangler in cash no payments
2 door
auto
jeep green- to go with michigan state colors future college.
idk about the 4 door cuz by then ill be in college and wont have more than 1 passenger mostly.

anyways the trailblazr 4x4 is pretty sweet off road but i would never pay the sticker price on it which was almost 30 grand!
Unread 09-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
I leased a loaded 07 for 0 down and 213 a month. It has everything exept GPS, cuz they get stolen too easily.

The compass was 200-250 the dealer said, and that was for the stripped version.
My grandma said when I turn 18 I have a secret savings account with 10 g's !
So im hoping to pay for a 2008 wrangler in cash no payments
2 door
auto
jeep green- to go with michigan state colors future college.
idk about the 4 door cuz by then ill be in college and wont have more than 1 passenger mostly.

anyways the trailblazr 4x4 is pretty sweet off road but i would never pay the sticker price on it which was almost 30 grand!
Hey look, I'm glad you're happy. I don't get it, but I'm glad.

Leasing is a great way for someone who spends a lot of money on cars and changes them frequently to only pay for a portion of the vehicle (the depreciation).

Sure, it also allows someone to get into a more expensive vehicle for a short period of time, but at the cost of any equity.

Now, I don't know about your financial situation or plans for the future, but I'd think a "secret 10gs" would be well spent going towards your education when you turn 18 (that's barely one year of tuition at a state college, but with student loans that could also equal 4 years worth of "expected family contributions" or at LEAST a year or two of living expenses"

I fail to see how 10 grand is going to buy you a new 20-30k Wrangler in a year or two? Unless since you put zero down you're saying you already had 10 grand or so saved up?

Conversely, payments of $200/month, with 10 grand down, would have BOUGHT you a $20k vehicle (like a compass, darn near fully loaded), and you'd be spending a lot less on gas the next couple of years.

I dunno, like I said, glad you're happy, but I don't get it.

Kev
Unread 09-28-2006, 09:31 PM   #14
llpistonsll

I have a job too :P thats how i pay for the lease thats only a fourth of what i make per month too so buying a new wrangler in 2 years will be no problem. I just didnt have enough saved up since i jsut started the job 6 months ago. and will have a job once im in college. 10 grand + another 20 grand iwill make in the next two years = wrangler + college money (my parents will pay for the first two years).

Paying 5 grand for a crappy car that will last 2 years is not as good as paying 5 grand for a 2 year lease on a new car.
Unread 09-29-2006, 06:21 AM   #15
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
I have a job too :P thats how i pay for the lease thats only a fourth of what i make per month too so buying a new wrangler in 2 years will be no problem. I just didnt have enough saved up since i jsut started the job 6 months ago. and will have a job once im in college. 10 grand + another 20 grand iwill make in the next two years = wrangler + college money (my parents will pay for the first two years).

Paying 5 grand for a crappy car that will last 2 years is not as good as paying 5 grand for a 2 year lease on a new car.

You go girl! Sounds like you have your head on straight. Anyone your age who is going to school and managing to work like that is gonna go far.

I'm still not a fan of a lease, but I understand where you're going.

Best O' luck and hope you get that wrangler!

Kev

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.