Offroad Adventure in Compass at Bear Valley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Offroad Adventure in Compass at Bear Valley

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Offroad Adventure in Compass at Bear Valley

Ok, so this is the first time I have ever driven off road like this. The trail was pretty crazy looking from inside the Jeep. My buddy had to get out to guide me over some rack and stuff, also to take pictures. We also got saved by a couple guys in a wranger who followed up back out incase we got stuck. They also guided me over the hardest stuff. Here's some pics and a link to a video. Had to go back up the same way I went down in the video ... pretty impressed with the Compass.

Video Link: http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...t=DSCN2337.flv

And now some pics

It was a really fun time .... The Compass is a REAL JEEP!!!!!

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Rob, looks like a fun trip! Nice of those Wrangler guys to give you a hand. Copied to the sticky's.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:42 AM   #3
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Very nice! Glad to see a Compass on the trails, too.

I notice from your profile that you don't have a lift kit yet. Any trail damage from the rocks?
Unread 07-10-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
Very nice! Glad to see a Compass on the trails, too.

I notice from your profile that you don't have a lift kit yet. Any trail damage from the rocks?
It has been a while since I've been on here. I actually have the Rocky Road lift kit installed. I better update my profile. I want to get rock rails and some skid plates .... but no damage from rocks .... yet.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Unread 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

I do have a clunking noise coming from the front of the Jeep. I know I jacked something up when I had to climb back up out of there. Oh well, I am sure it is not the first Jeep to break something offroading, and won't be the last. Gonna take it to the dealership tomorrow (after washing it) and see what they say. Hopefully I get no grief for the lift kit, keep your fingers crossed for me

Unread 07-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Update on clunking noise .... only a loose stabilizer bar ... all fixed and all good to go. WOW ... I can't wait until early Sept. going back to Bear Valley and guess what I am gonna do more of ... and definitely take more pictures and videos ..... YAY JEEPIN!!!!!

Unread 11-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Bigbear1023
2008 MK Compass 

I'm thinking of getting a Rocky Road lift kit. I see you have 245/65/17's do they rub any. Did you have to use wheel spacers or anything.
Bigbear1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have Yokohama geolander AT-S 225/70R/17 tires and they rub a little bit when the wheel is fully turned but no big deal. I just back off a little bit when I turn the wheel fully to one side or the other. And I do have the RRO lift.
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.