Off road with tow hooks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Off road with tow hooks

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Off road with tow hooks

I'm looking to take a vacation to the Outer Banks in a few weeks, and would love to drive the sand road up to the VA line- what items should I keep in the vehicle in case I get stuck? Shovel, rope? Anything off the wall that you have tried that worked?
Secondly I inquired at my dealer about installing a front tow hook on my Patriot FD-1 and was quoted $244 installed...good deal?

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

$244 doesn't sound terrible. what year is your jeep?
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
BobKnake
Betty Blue "97"

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by udmover View Post
I'm looking to take a vacation to the Outer Banks in a few weeks, and would love to drive the sand road up to the VA line- what items should I keep in the vehicle in case I get stuck? Shovel, rope? Anything off the wall that you have tried that worked?
Secondly I inquired at my dealer about installing a front tow hook on my Patriot FD-1 and was quoted $244 installed...good deal?
that sounds good, but I would find out what they plan for the openings.
they'll need to either cut out the louvers or replace the lower front fascia.
I replaced the front fascia, that added an additional $100 to the game.

don't forget about rear recovery too... there is nothing back there to hook on to....
I added a receiver hitch (2").... and have a rear d ring.... http://www.harborfreight.com/d-ring-...tch-66212.html

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.