off road in az? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > off road in az?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 10-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

off road in az?

got a new fdii pat, any suggested trails in az?

aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Have you been down to the Four Wheeling forums further down on the main page? There is a Southwest section and here's a link specific to ARIZONA . All of my experience was with the Tucson and further south areas and since that was 20 years ago I'm sure it's outdated info.

Good luck and have fun!!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Many north south east or west. From easy to , you do not want to try that. Looks like you live in Az. Sounds like your new to az wheeling or wheeling. I would Join the The Arizona Virtual Jeep Club (AZVJC). We have thousand+ members and online trail runs listing by degree of trail. Here we use the 1-5/technical. If this Lib is fairly stock and you want to keep it from to many dents scratches stay 3 and under. start with 2.5" to keep it new. Some runs are trips to moab or Rubicon when its hot here.
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

First day out!

Unread 10-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Watching the vids, I think I would invest in a set of rock sliders for that before your rockers get beat up.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

my rockers didn't get touched, at one point when I just couldn't see I did tap my nose down... A brush guard would be awesome. But rock sliders, a lift, brush guards and larger tires are in my future for sure.
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I would avoid getting to adventurous, alone as well. The list of "rescued" by the Azvjc is long. If you do anyway, tell someone where you are going. So people know were to start looking . Going alone at least bring anything you might need say you get stuck over night for all that go.

Looking at what I see I would say now stay on trails rated 2- 2+ if they are not to many rocks. Here in Az your first enemy will be the pin stripe, nothing you can do about it.

You plan to wheel this much? I am not sure how well the after market supports these. But am am sure like anything. Its all about how much $. One thing no matter what type of jeep.....$x$ .
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

There is some after market stuff, nothing like a wrangler, but this car isn't meant to be a wrangler. But I have a lift picked out, and some rocker rails, and some tires, lights and a few other things. all in all 2500-3k max in accessories. as far as pin striping goes, my wife said next time we go out, she's going to bring a set of clippers along and if we encounter any areas that might scratch up the truck, she'll tackle them!

The first place we went is somewhere I've been many times, and I know is an easy drive, and it was very populated, and my parents knew where we were going. Next trail I am going to go with at least one other person. I'm not new to going off road, its just been a number of years since I've had a vehicle that could.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.