North Georgia Creek Crossings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > North Georgia Creek Crossings

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

North Georgia Creek Crossings

I went and did a little trout fishing this past sunday in the north Georgia mountains.

One of the shallower Georgia creeks

One of the larger Georgia creek crossings

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0014_large.jpg

creek approach

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0010_large.jpg

entering the creek

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0011_large.jpg

exiting the creek

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0015_large.jpg

picture taken by holding camera outside the door

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0012_large.jpg

water line on Patriot after crossing (17.5" from the ground)

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_i...0013_large.jpg

waterfall upstream of the creek crossing

2009 Patriot Limited FDII 4x4 made it no problems in fwd, didn't have to lock in 4x4 and the ESP never activated. No leaks inside the cab.
What a very capable entry level Jeep!

Unread 04-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM6156 View Post
I went and did a little trout fishing this past sunday in the north Georgia mountains.

One of the shallower Georgia creeks

One of the larger Georgia creek crossings

creek approach

entering the creek

exiting the creek

picture taken by holding camera outside the door

water line on Patriot after crossing (17.5" from the ground)

waterfall upstream of the creek crossing

2009 Patriot Limited FDII 4x4 made it no problems in fwd, didn't have to lock in 4x4 and the ESP never activated. No leaks inside the cab.
What a very capable entry level Jeep!
No clickie! Thanks for the pics! Always try and use the "IMG" tag when posting pics.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip. I just used the "insert image" icon when posting. Perhaps the admins can make a change to have that use "IMG" tag instead of the URL tag.

- Dan M
Unread 04-07-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

"Good Lord Man", I could take my bicycle through that. I take my mercury mariner through worse places than that in reverse ha ha. Just kidding, thats some beautifull scenery, looks good behind the patroit. The million dollar question is, did you catch any trout? There's a place I go in W,Va that looks simular to that, it's called smoke hole. It's so pretty, I don't care if I catch fish or not and it's just fun getting there. Nice jeep, I like those little patroits, I've been thinking about picking the wife up one, so I can use it ha ha.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
"Good Lord Man", I could take my bicycle through that.
sure, but at least he's getting out there!

way better than the millions of 4X4 owners that never get off the mall pavement.
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polished_heckle View Post
sure, but at least he's getting out there!

way better than the millions of 4X4 owners that never get off the mall pavement.
Do you mean the extra large suburban assault vehicles with seating capacity for 7 but only 1 person inside?

- Dan M
Unread 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
DM6156
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
"Good Lord Man", I could take my bicycle through that. I take my mercury mariner through worse places than that in reverse ha ha. Just kidding, thats some beautifull scenery, looks good behind the patroit. The million dollar question is, did you catch any trout? There's a place I go in W,Va that looks simular to that, it's called smoke hole. It's so pretty, I don't care if I catch fish or not and it's just fun getting there. Nice jeep, I like those little patroits, I've been thinking about picking the wife up one, so I can use it ha ha.
No, no trout that day. I didn't see a single one in this stream. I hit another stream before this one and didn't see any there either. But at least I know where not to go trout fishing next time.

There are many trout streams in that area. Some more easily accessible than other.

The beauty of the stream in the pictures is that it's less than 1 mile from one of the most traveled roads in North Georgia and very few people know it's there. That waterfall is a very short hike from the stream crossing. The majority of the people that know about the stream crossing don't know about the waterfall.

- Dan M
Unread 04-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

DM6156.....awesome pic's. Looks like the Patriot is more capable than it is given credit for.

Next time you go to that waterfall, try casting across the turbulance of the waterfall into the calm other side where there might be a hole, and reel across the turbulance with a small panther martin spinner. If there is a trout in the calm water area and he is interested, he will chase it into the turbulance and hit it. That's how I fish a waterfall like that near me and it works........maybe not all the time......but enough.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
jcool1985

Hey OP I have to ask where is this place you went to. I live in Roswell ga and would not mind checking it out sometime. Thanks
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.