noisey back brakes on patriot -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
noisey back brakes on patriot

My back brakes on my 08 patriot were squealing when stopping so I changed the shoes. That help for a week then it started again. Anyone have this problem and what was the fix? Thanks Don

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 10-07-2014, 12:14 AM
I had the same problem. It was the top pin on the rear caliper. I had to disconnect the brake line to remove the pin because the shoulder of the bolt was interfering and the pin dry preventing the pads from opening.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Wow, I have had the same thing happening for 5 years and was being told it was normal. LOL
The solution was take the rear wheels off and clean the brakes, and you are right, they'd work for about a week and then start squeaking again!

I am going to print this and make sure I try this tonight! First post I have read and already helpful, thanks!
post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
fix maybe

Well my brakes have been making their noise again for a while and my wife threatened to bring it to the dealership and get it fixed. So I took the drums off and tried to find were it was rubbing on something. Well the only place it rubs is were the shoe hits the backing plate. So I shot some silicon spray were it hits at both ends. Guess what it hasn't squeaked in two days. but it is coming back slowly. So I think the fix will be is to get some brake grease and apply to the spots that rub. hopefully dwysywd that will fix your 5 year problem. I have never heard of shoe brake making noise before, only disc brakes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.