No start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > No start

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
dunkeld

Help my pat won't start Ing lights ok but starter not working I found a blown 25amp fuse in the lower box on the p side tryed jumping across with wire but still no go, well at least the suns shining only been waiting an hour. Anyone out there.
Well after getting a fuse from the breakdown guy the starter worked once, he said VW engines have had poor connections to the starter in the past and found the small wire slack. Guess this had been like this for a long time and the arcing had blown the fuse new fuse and wire on ,but not tight and I finally got home, well that's a job for tomorrow

Last edited by dunkeld; 05-25-2012 at 02:16 PM..
dunkeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It sounds like you may have found the problem, that's a good thing. VW engine must mean the Diesel?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
dunkeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
It sounds like you may have found the problem, that's a good thing. VW engine must mean the Diesel?
First time I have ever broken down, but it is a good diesel
dunkeld is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.