No bus- Car won't turn over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > No bus- Car won't turn over

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 12-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
smc86
2012 MK Patriot 

No bus- Car won't turn over

Currently have a 2012 Jeep Patriot with about 18k miles on it. Owned since it only had 17 miles only it.

Owned it for a year in California and moved to Minnesota this summer. Never had a problem in any way with the pat.

Last night was the second night in a row, temperatures dipped below zero. Yesterday the car had started just fine. Today when I got to my car, the car started and I let it run before putting it into gear and about 30 seconds in the car died and "no buS" flashed across my gauge. Radio still worked but automatic locks/fan/window/seat warmers nothing would turn on. Let it sit for about five hours and tried it again, car attempted to start but wouldn't with "no bus" flashing again, but this time automatic locks, seat warmers, fan all would turn on.

Disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 25 minutes. Reconnected the battery, again engine wouldn't start with a "no buS" warning. This time the lights behind my window and lock buttons repeatedly flashed on and off with a clicking.

Trying to avoid being towed to a shop at all costs. Thoughts about what is going on/how to fix?

smc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can can check the connections on the TIPM but it sounds like it may be fried.

The no bus means there's no information coming from the computer.
Unread 12-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i assume you are still under warranty, this is something to take it to the dealer for sure.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc86 View Post
Currently have a 2012 Jeep Patriot with about 18k miles on it. Owned since it only had 17 miles only it.

Owned it for a year in California and moved to Minnesota this summer. Never had a problem in any way with the pat.

Last night was the second night in a row, temperatures dipped below zero. Yesterday the car had started just fine. Today when I got to my car, the car started and I let it run before putting it into gear and about 30 seconds in the car died and "no buS" flashed across my gauge. Radio still worked but automatic locks/fan/window/seat warmers nothing would turn on. Let it sit for about five hours and tried it again, car attempted to start but wouldn't with "no bus" flashing again, but this time automatic locks, seat warmers, fan all would turn on.

Disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 25 minutes. Reconnected the battery, again engine wouldn't start with a "no buS" warning. This time the lights behind my window and lock buttons repeatedly flashed on and off with a clicking.

Trying to avoid being towed to a shop at all costs. Thoughts about what is going on/how to fix?
Call the 1-800 roadside # and have towed to the nearest dealership.Your under warranty.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.