JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   No Brake Lights/Turn Signals (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/no-brake-lights-turn-signals-1443692/)

stlWReX 11-28-2012 07:04 PM

No Brake Lights/Turn Signals

2010 Patriot - no side brake lights or turn signals, but the center brake light is fine. Where's the most likely culprit and the best way to test it?

Thanks in advance!

festerw 11-28-2012 07:22 PM

Change the bulbs first.

stlWReX 11-28-2012 08:52 PM

First thing I checked...pulled them and all four filaments were intact, (2 left, 2 right), but not one was functioning (no brake lights, signals).

dubJ99 11-29-2012 08:08 PM

Check the fuses under your dash. If that's all good, check the relays in the PDC under the hood. Check the connector on the back/top of your brake pedal too. If that's all good, tap on the damn housings with a shoe while trying different combinations of grunts and profanity. Good luck.

•KEEP ON JEEPIN' ON•

Gramps 11-30-2012 03:18 AM

Fuses under the dash???

Check all of the connections and fuses in the TIPM under the hood.

stlWReX 11-30-2012 11:40 AM

Thank you, Gramps...I didn't want to say anything. Checked the manual and found no specific fuse for the issue in question, so I pulled and replaced them all sequentially; no dice. Is there a switch somewhere that might control all of these? Anyone have a wiring diagram?

Gramps 12-02-2012 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Do you have a Trailer Tow Package wiring harness in the spare tire well or some other location? These are run off of relays that could be a problem.

If you can get a scan done it should indicate a 'B' fault code - High/Low/Open circuit in the TIPM C3 harness connector. Disconnect the Left and Right Stop Lamp harness connectors near the TIPM. Turn the ignition on. Measure for voltage on the (L55) Stop Lamp Control circuit.

What you could be looking for is a chaffed wire or poor connection of some kind.

fishgutz 12-11-2012 07:12 AM

Could be the turn signal flasher. The center break light is the only one not on that circuit. Happened on my YJ. A guy almost rear ended me because my brake lights didn't come in :)

enw7vc 01-02-2013 03:05 PM

Any Update?

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?
My issue started about 2 years ago and I was told I needed to replace the TIPM (I believe.) I did not replace it and my lights magically started working fine. Over the next 2 years, I only had a few occassions where the lights malfunctioned. But, in the past week, they have malfunctioned over 50% of the time. I'm hoping its something more simple then the power module, as it was expensive.

Gramps 01-03-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enw7vc (Post 14716723)
I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution?
My issue started about 2 years ago and I was told I needed to replace the TIPM (I believe.) I did not replace it and my lights magically started working fine. Over the next 2 years, I only had a few occassions where the lights malfunctioned. But, in the past week, they have malfunctioned over 50% of the time. I'm hoping its something more simple then the power module, as it was expensive.

Since yours is intermittent I would look for a poor connection somewhere in the TIPM, if you haven't already.

enw7vc 01-03-2013 09:46 AM

Thank You!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 14720542)
Since yours is intermittent I would look for a poor connection somewhere in the TIPM, if you haven't already.

I will try that. Thanks!

cecebebe 08-17-2013 03:42 PM

2007 Jeep Compass Limited Brake Lights Not Working But Center Brake Light Is

Hi,
[B]I'm having almost the same problem as the guy above. Have a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited. My brake lights don't work, but the center brake light does. All other lights work. We've checked the fuses, the brake switch has been replaced, and the bulbs. What could it be?? Need to get it inspected and can't without brake lights. Time is running out. Please Help. Also is there another set of fuses inside the dash?[/B]

cecebebe 08-17-2013 03:45 PM

Also, where is Totally Integrated Power Module in the 2007 Jeep Compass Limited

The time now is 02:30 PM.