NGK Iridium Plugs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > NGK Iridium Plugs

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

These are NOT platinum plugs. I pulled NGK ZFR5F out of mine and put in a low level platinum Autolite AP5224 and it runs fine. You can go higher price iridium plugs, I just couldn't justify it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Sparkplugs at 30,000Mi

I changed my sparkplugs long ago at 30,000mi. The original plugs are just a copper core electrode that will tarnish and degrade over time. I spent the money to upgrade to the iridium plugs. I mention this in a previous thread. Gramps can help guide u there. I don't know how to add the link myself.
I felt it was worth it to go wit the iridium plug. I intend to have my Jeep Compass a very long time. I fully expect at least 250,000mi from it. The iriduim plugs should last for years.

Oh and the fuel pump questions should be in another thread. FYI. the fuel pump and filter is inside the tank and is accessed by removing the rear seat and removing a plate from the top of the fueltank opening the fuel tank and exposing the guts.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemark8 View Post
Oh and the fuel pump questions should be in another thread. FYI. the fuel pump and filter is inside the tank and is accessed by removing the rear seat and removing a plate from the top of the fueltank opening the fuel tank and exposing the guts.
Right! I moved a few things around. I try to keep it to one topic per thread but I also try to allow some flexibility for newbies.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.