Newbie here with some Compass Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Newbie here with some Compass Q's

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
hotsha

Newbie here with some Compass Q's

Hello guys/gals.

Recently activated account on the forum. And thought of saying "hello" to all and this is really a good forum and lot of helping people and great info.

We are almost committed to buying 4x2 Compass Sport tomorrow. Seems like it's a very good vehicle for the price. Also, we were deciding between patriot and compass. I personally liked Patriot more, but Compass serves our needs and budget. What do you guys thing of Compass? Current compass owners thoughts are much appreciated. I have few Q's for which I'm hoping to find answers before we bring home the vehicle tomorrow.

Our dealer is giving us a good deal, at least I think. I don't know what it's actually called, but they are giving us a ~$2800 rebate. The sales guy told something like they ordered 10 vehicles for which Jeep gave them some incentives for. And in-turn they are offering customers incentives/rebate on two compasses for month-end sale boost. Do you guys think it's a good deal or if someone could explain me more about that kind of offer? I know I should have asked the sales guy more about it, but we had little time and that kind of things won’t pop to your head until you are at home! Lol.

Also can some of you knowledgeable guys shed some light on optional equipment packages: customer preferred package 26E and what other options are out there and what they mean? I was on jeep website and couldn't find any codes (26E or 26F) or may be I didn't search right.

I have read almost all the threads in this forum (patriot and compass forum) and didn't find any major concerns about the reliability of compass (especially CVT transmission). How many miles does your Compass/patriot have and how is CVT holding up? I know few of the honda/saturn/nissan SUV aren't holding up well with this CVT technology? Hopefully World Engine and CVT is a better match, and will be reliable.

Oh, finally we decided not to go with extended warranty and take our chances. Do any of you think of a particular reason to have one? (Apart from 1st year vehicle, CVT)

not sure If I posted this on the right section of the forum?
Sorry for the LONG post and multiple Q's.
All suggestions much appreciated.

hotsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

2800.- rebate sounds very good, if. it's true. Try and find the dealer invoice price for your model and options -on edmunds.com, for example-. Your sale price should be close to that figure minus 750.-(general rebate in effect). If he's giving you 2800 below msrp, he's aking about 1000 less than invoice minus 750, which I believe would be a very good price.

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Rictus58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsha
Also can some of you knowledgeable guys shed some light on optional equipment packages: customer preferred package 26E and what other options are out there and what they mean? I was on jeep website and couldn't find any codes (26E or 26F) or may be I didn't search right.

I have read almost all the threads in this forum (patriot and compass forum) and didn't find any major concerns about the reliability of compass (especially CVT transmission). How many miles does your Compass/patriot have and how is CVT holding up? I know few of the honda/saturn/nissan SUV aren't holding up well with this CVT technology? Hopefully World Engine and CVT is a better match, and will be reliable.

Oh, finally we decided not to go with extended warranty and take our chances. Do any of you think of a particular reason to have one? (Apart from 1st year vehicle, CVT)
don't trust the Jeep.com website if you are attempting to get information on the Patriot. It has never been a reliable source of info since the release of the vehicle.
Edmunds.com will detail the packages available using the 26E/F format used by the dealer.

My Patriot just went over 3k miles. I have not had a single problem with it.

As far as the Warranty is concerned, dealers wouldn't offer extended Warranties if they didn't make a significant amount of money on them. Keep that in mind in your decision making process when it comes to extended warranties.
Rictus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Hello guys/gals.

Recently activated account on the forum. And thought of saying "hello" to all and this is really a good forum and lot of helping people and great info.

not sure If I posted this on the right section of the forum?
Hi and welcome! You’re in the right place!

Quote:
We are almost committed to buying 4x2 Compass Sport tomorrow. Seems like it's a very good vehicle for the price. Also, we were deciding between patriot and compass. I personally liked Patriot more, but Compass serves our needs and budget. What do you guys thing of Compass? Current compass owners thoughts are much appreciated. I have few Q's for which I'm hoping to find answers before we bring home the vehicle tomorrow.

Our dealer is giving us a good deal, at least I think. I don't know what it's actually called, but they are giving us a ~$2800 rebate. The sales guy told something like they ordered 10 vehicles for which Jeep gave them some incentives for. And in-turn they are offering customers incentives/rebate on two compasses for month-end sale boost. Do you guys think it's a good deal or if someone could explain me more about that kind of offer? I know I should have asked the sales guy more about it, but we had little time and that kind of things won’t pop to your head until you are at home! Lol.
Either MK is an excellent value, especially with a $2800 rebate/discount! If this kind of vehicle meets your needs and budget, you won’t be sorry for choosing Jeep. Frankly, I would have had a very hard time deciding between the Compass and the Patriot had they both been available back in July. I have no regrets getting my Compass w/CVT & 4WD. I also hear that the FWD version does very well in ice and snow too. With the Electronic Stability Control you’ll have good traction. I see that you’re in WI also (GO PACKERS!!) What major city are you close to?

Quote:
While in the 1st step of Build and Price “Model”, click on the box down on the left that says “Additional Model Preferences” and you’ll find this. These could change at the actual time of build.

Patriot and Compass

Sport D Pkg contains no additional options.

Sport E Pkg.
This package contains the following unique features:
Convenience/Security Options
- Power windows with driver's one-touch-down feature
- Power locks, speed-sensitive

Climate Control Options
- Air conditioning

Additional Options
- Flexible Seating Group
- Rear 60/40 reclining and folding seat backs
- Height-adjustable driver's seat
- Front passenger seat folds forward to create a flat load surface.
- Passenger assist handles
- Remote keyless entry
- Auxiliary 115-volt power outlet
- Illuminated entry
- Map/dome reading lamps
- Interior removable/rechargeable lamp
- Body-color liftgate applique

Mirrors
- Power fold-away mirrors

Glasses
- Deep-tint sunscreen glass

Quote:
I now have 15,900+ miles on mine and it sounds like you’ve probably read my “Compass Owners review". What else can I say? I love it. No drive train problems at all, no real problems on anything else either.

Quote:
If you THINK that you want it, now is the time to buy it. I didn’t and only time will tell if I’ll win playing the long shot.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
hotsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Hi and welcome! You’re in the right place!

Thank you Gramps! as I have seen in the board, you are always helpful and knowledgeable member of the forum.

Quote:
Either MK is an excellent value, especially with a $2800 rebate/discount! If this kind of vehicle meets your needs and budget, you won’t be sorry for choosing Jeep. Frankly, I would have had a very hard time deciding between the Compass and the Patriot had they both been available back in July. I have no regrets getting my Compass w/CVT & 4WD. I also hear that the FWD version does very well in ice and snow too. With the Electronic Stability Control you’ll have good traction. I see that you’re in WI also (GO PACKERS!!) What major city are you close to?
I'm from Appleton(15 min from GB). Yeah, deciding bet patriot and compass is tough. Dealership made that decision easy for us, since they didn't have any discount on patriot.

Quote:
I now have 15,900+ miles on mine and it sounds like you’ve probably read my “Compass Owners review". What else can I say? I love it. No drive train problems at all, no real problems on anything else either.
Those were the first threads I read, thanks for the excellent review.

Quote:
If you THINK that you want it, now is the time to buy it. I didn’t and only time will tell if I’ll win playing the long shot.
Decided we won't get the extended warranty as of now.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions guys. The one to check out the other website for pricing was VERY helpful and so was invoice Vs MSRP pricing. I will update what happens tomorrow.
(Seems like we might have a minor problem with numbers at the dealer). If all goes well we will be proud owners of compass tomorrow.
Unread 06-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
hotsha

Finally, last friday we brought our new compass home. It's a Silver, 4X2, sports edition with CVT, 26E package, driver convinence group, sunroof, white wall tires, Sirius satellite and floor mats. We didn't really need 4X4, so we did stick with 4X2. It's been gr8 having a NEW suv and it rides good. The vehicle we were supposed to buy was sold to other customer. We signed the paper work and were going to take delivery, but the dealership sold the compass to someone who offered cash. So, the dealership found us a similar vehicle and offered the same disount. All in all the dealer discount was $1700 on MSRP + $750 company rebate. I believe it was around $400 below Invoice (I mean "invoice" = 1% below invoice {employee discount}). So, I'm happy with the discount we got from the dealer. Though, I would have liked to have had a great experience with the dealer, the discount did the trick buying from them. Will keep you guys updated with how it goes. I have few questions about security system...may be I should start a new thread.
Unread 07-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #7
Jason31

Welcome! Whats does the Sport package add?

Last edited by Jason31; 08-01-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Jason31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.