Newbie help - swapped res for a rer navigation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Newbie help - swapped res for a rer navigation

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Newbie help - swapped res for a rer navigation

Hello everyone

Newbie question here and really need some help,

Just installed a RER navigation radio out of a Chrysler in my 2012 compass yesterday and everything is working except I ant pick up any satellites for the navigation/ GPS to work.

Satellite Sirius radio is working fine with new antenna plugged in and receives signal.

Gps navigation doesn't find any satellites, it found 1 satellite yesterday for about 2 minutes when on the interstate that's it, until has a brand new gps antenna that I have moved from behind the dash near radio to driving on the interstate 45 minutes with it directly on top of the truck and still nothing.

Would also like some info on how to change chrysler logo to jeep logo, I read it does it automatically sometimes but nothing yet and I have turned truck off about a hundred times..lol

Please help anyone.......thanks

Cedallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Nobody's willing to help me? Is it because I'm new here....lol
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Or we don't know the answer
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Do you have a navigation subscription through anyone? Garmin etc?
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

I only have Sirius for satellite radio and traffic...never heard of having to have a subscription because the navigation is built in factory
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh yeah. I forgot the subscriptions are for map updates.
Unread 06-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Thanks for the replies OCR and trying to help me out, if you know any fellow jeepers that may know ask them to help me out
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
NBAJWill55
2014 MK Patriot 

From my experience at the Nitro Forums, I think there is another antenna that has to be installed, specifically for the GPS.
I don't think it's plug-n-play.
NBAJWill55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Nba, I have the gps navigation antenna already plugged in, the harness was plug n play, I got the mic kit, satellite antenna, and gps antenna installed. Everything works fine except the gps navigation, its not picking up any satellites but responds to Gforce of vehicle but not the navigation part. The arrow actually moves but its like 50 miles away from where I'm at, any other idea what it could be?
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
NBAJWill55
2014 MK Patriot 

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I have a feeling the RER isn't compatible. From my limited research, there's a lot more that goes into swapping a radio than meets the eye (I.e. CAN BUS differences). if I were you, I would call a few dealerships in my area to see if that particular radio is even compatible.

good luck dude, hope everything works out
NBAJWill55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Cedallstar
2012 MK Compass 

Thanks nba, its all compatible, all low speed, all plugged right in and everything works flawless except that one thing now, today I finally got the logos to change to my jeep, think I will have to get dealer to maybe program the navi or register it to my jeep and I will be all set

Appreciate the help

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.